Chapter 31

Pegasus Pov

Draco and I apparate and then the four of us appear in front of my... the Granger's house. I take the brooms off of Draco and Blaize then put them in my bag and then lead them to Luca's front door.

"Who's gonna knock?" Ginny asks.

"Peggy," Draco and Blaize say in tandem. They push me to the door and I knock on it three times. We hear someone yelling in Italian, a female voice. Blaize and Draco laugh. "What did she say?" Ginny asks.

"You don't want to know," Blaize says smiling whilst shaking his head.

Finally, the door opens and Luca's behind it. His eyes widen when he recognises me, "Hermione!" he exclaims as he picks me up and hugs me. When he realises what he's doing, he puts me down and says "Sorry, I don't know what came over me."

"It's alright Luca," I say gently

"I shouldn't be calling you Hermione anymore right?" he says sheepishly as he runs a hand through his light brown hair. "It's Pegasus Black now right?"

"See I told you it's the same, Donati!" Blaize exclaims. "Though it's easy to recognise him when he's not wearing a uniform and Bulgarian flag face paint."

Luca's green eyes turn to the trio behind me. "You've given my home address away to my fans Hermione?"

I nod, "Well, you never told me you were a wizard!"

He chuckles then says "Inside, all of you."

He leads us into his living room and says "My mum and dad are upstairs getting ready for a charity Gala, so they won't bother us and my brothers are at Durmstrung."

We sit down on the sofas then Blaize starts talking to Luca in Italian. Luca's eyes widen then he turns to me, "Have you replaced me with another Italian Hermione?"

"No, Blaize has pretty much been a side character in our lives up until now," Ginny shrugs.

"You've wounded me Ginevra," Blaize says jokingly but he does look kind of hurt.

"So what brings you here Miss Black?" Luca asks.

I point at my brother, Blaize and Ginny, "These numpties wanted your autograph."

"I'm not surprised," Luca smiles. "I'm glad to see you've made new friends Hermione."
I don't bother to correct him, I notice Draco whisper something to Blaize. He nods then takes my arm and pulls me to the left as Draco casts the Muffliato charm.

"Blaize, what is Draco up to?" I exclaim.

"No idea."

Draco Pov

"Ok, Mr Donati you know Peggy's background of abuse from her parents. I want to know why you protected her but never told that her you were a wizard."

"My parents saw the signs," he explains. "The signs of abuse and the signs that she had magic. Though they presumed she was a muggleborn. I protected her because my parents told me to. I didn't tell her that she was a witch or about myself and my family because there was no way I could prove it to her without using magic and having Wizengamot on my case and she didn't trust adults so my parents couldn't help."

"How did you see yourself when you were with her?" I ask.

"Pardon?"

"When Pegasus told me about the abuse she suffered, she said she wasn't allowed to have friends. She didn't mention you."

"I was her bodyguard," Luca says squaring up his shoulders. "Before the abuse started which was about 14 years ago, we barely exchanged glances and just shared shy childish smiles. When it did, my parents told me since they didn't have any proof because she healed too fast that they couldn't report them and warned me not to get too close because if the Grangers found out she made a friend they would lock her up and abuse her more."

I was shocked, even my father wasn't that bad, "What about now, her face is in the papers every single day, and recently so is yours. Why have you never approached her?"

"I went to Durmstrung, as you know. She goes to Hogwarts. We've never been in the same place at the same time, she also was busy with the aftermath of the war last year. I can only imagine what is going through her head right now."

"Are you glad she's visiting today?" I ask.

"Over the moon," he nods. "I can actually talk to her now."

"This meet up will most probably be in the papers by morning."

"Good," he nods. "I want the whole world to know, that Luca Donati knew Hermione Granger now Pegasus Black before the wizarding world even got a whiff of her bushy hair."

I chuckle, "Thank you for protecting her for so long."

"It's clear she doesn't need protecting though," Luca points out. "She's battled deatheaters whilst I was just trying to graduate from Durmstrung."

"Yep, there's no one quite like my sister," I agree. "I mean she got through being bullied by punching the plonker in the nose."

"At least he had a nose," Luca laughs. "Imagine if Hermione fought you-know-who, he'd send himself to Azkaban just to get away from her."

Pegasus Pov

I look at my brother and Luca, I can't hear them but they looked like they are laughing which is a good sign.