Chapter 12

Draco Pov

We arrive at the Manor and see the front garden is now covered with snow that went halfway up our shins. The Manor itself was decorated with vines, the leaves are transfigured into golden lights. Mother and Uncle Xenophilius must have had quite a bit of spare time. I lead Luna and Hermione into the house. I look over to Hermione, she's trembling and unconsciously griping her scarred arm.

She notices my concerned look, "It doesn't even look the same but it's so daunting."

I nod, "Feel free to apparate away," I say sullenly.

She stares at me in disbelief then stumps her foot determinedly. "I am a Gryffindor, I am not running back to the Burrow." Luna smiles and then I knock on the door loudly. In seconds there's a 'crack' sound from an apparition and Mother opens the door.

"Draco, Luna, it's so great to see you," she exclaims pulling me into a hug. I smile cheerfully then I see her eyes settle on Hermione.

"She doesn't know yet, I'm sorry," I whisper. She doesn't react to my warning and then says "Miss Granger, I'm so glad you could join us."

"Hermione is fine," she replies politely. "Thank you for letting me stay here for the next few weeks."

"You're very welcome my dear," Mother says. "Now enough with formalities and let's get you three inside."

Inside the Manor, the hallway is painted in a grass green colour, "I wanted it to be darker, more Slytherinish," Mother explains. "But Xenophilius said dark colours invite nargles and nargles steal shoes and then he said that my vast shoe collection may be at risk."

Luna nods in agreement, "I'm going to find Father," she says and skips off.

Mother smiles, "Xeno also said that lighter colours are more inviting."

Hermione and I chuckle then Mother leads us to the West Wing, it's painted blue, "I dedicated this wing to our Ravenclaws."

Uncle Xenophilius appears, "Draco, you're here!" he says. "Where's Luna?"

"She went to the East Wing Mr Lovegood," Hermione says.

He looks over to her "Oh Hermione, you're here too! Did you come to see the foxes?"

"I've come to stay actually, Draco invited me," she explains.

"Oh," he shrugs then goes off to find Luna.

Mother takes us back downstairs into the dining room, "It's decorated with Hufflepuff colours, dedicated to Andromeda and the late-Nymphadora, the kitchen is the same colour."

It dawns upon me as Mother leads us to the East Wing -where my bedroom is- that there's only one house left.

"And the East Wing is Gryffindor Gold," Mother announces.

Hermione and I exchange glances, "Gryffindor Gold?" Hermione says surprised. "What happened to red?"

"I think we have had enough red in our lives," Mother says with a haunted look. "Also Draco's quarters are here, I'd rather not have him in a foul mood in the morning because he saw the red and automatically said 'Potter!'"

I frown at her imitation of me, "Well if you had a numpty for a rival you would be in a foul mood if you saw his favourite colour from the moment you woke up."

The two women laugh, "Hermione your quarters are just a few doors across from Draco's, next to mine, if you need anything feel free to wake him up and he'll get it for you.

My eyes widen at the thought of being woken up and once again the two women chuckle. You could tell that they were mother and daughter. I have to tell her soon.

"Oh, there is one thing I forgot," Mother exclaims as she pushes us into her room. To our surprise, there are painting of Sirius, Professor Lupin and Nymphadora waving at us. "I had to get Andromeda's help for Lupin and Nymphadora," Mother adds to me.

"Tonks, Remus!" Hermione says happily. "It's so great to see you!"

"Hey what about me?" Sirius whines.

"I've seen you for the last three months," she replies dryly, waving him off.

"We'll catch up later 'Mione," Nymphadora says. She nods.

"Hermione dear, why don't you go check out your room?" Mother says. "I painted it a light shade of blue. It's now yours. If you ever need a place to stay, it'll be there waiting for you."

Hermione's eyes light up, "Why would you do that? I'm grateful, but why?"

Mother hesitates so I cut her off "Because Mother doesn't like being alone all the time so she thought if you have a room here, you'll come and visit again."

"Oh I definitely will," she says with a bright smile. "Thank you so much."

She goes off to her room and then Mother closes the door, "Draco, can we talk?"