Chapter 33

A/N watch the video after you finish reading the chapter.

Draco Pov

We get back to the dorms, exhausted. Blaize and Ginny collapsed onto the two sofas in the common room so we transfigured them into beds. Peggy dragged herself to her room so I went into mine and collapsed onto the bed.

I shut my eyes hoping to fall asleep straight away but suddenly, I'm wide awake. "Ugh!" I exclaim. I sigh then pull out my wand and stare at it. I think back to Peggy's wispy otter Patronus, She-Weasel's horse Patronus and Mcgonagall's cat one. I've never made one before. In theory, I may never, looking at my awful past. I know the theory behind the spell: think of your happiest memory and say the charm. I automatically think about the day I got my first broom and I whizzed around the garden chasing a golden snitch as Father watched proudly. That was the first and only time he ever said "That's my boy" and patted my head, ruffling my hair a bit. However, just thinking about him makes me sick. All those awful things I said to Peggy was because of him. No Patronus would come out of that memory.

Instead, I think about more recent memories. Getting off the train with Luna on the first day back. Relaxing in the common room with Luna on the first day back. Relaxing in the common room with Peggy. Going to Scrivenshaft's and prying Peggy away from the books I already own. Tossing the articles about us into the fire. Hugging Mother and Peggy after she found out the truth, then giving Luna a dragon-back ride around the room. Making the howlers last night and tying up Peggy's hair into plaits only for her to take it out again when she went to back to sleep. I laugh then wave my wand and breathe out "Expecto Patronum."

Suddenly a white light gracefully shoots out my wand forming the shape of a peacock. I think back to the Albino Peacocks that roam the manor grounds. For some reason, I feel like I should be more specific. I send the bird to Peggy's room. Minutes later, Peggy stumbles into the room eyes wide as she stares at the peacock.

"Why's there one of your peacocks in Hogwarts?"

"It's not a peacock," I say,

She looks at me sleepily, "I think you need glasses more than Harry does Dray, this is an albino peacock and it's in your dorm room."

"Peggy," I persist. "It's a Patronus... my Patronus."

"You're Patronus? Your Patronus is a bloody peacock?!" she exclaims loudly. "I knew you were prissy but not that prissy."

I hear stumbling footsteps and then Blaize and Weaselette appear at the door. "We heard shouting?" She-Weasel says.

"Why's the Manor Peacock here?" Blaize mutters.

"Ugh!" I exclaim as I recall the bird. "It was my Patronus."

"EH!" they exclaim.

This is going to be a long night!