Chapter 32

Pegasus Pov

Luca told us to stay a bit longer and then made us all some tea - I wasn't surprised when Blaize requested five sugars, back at the Manor, he revealed to have a sweet tooth when he arrived with a stash of sweets the size of my Gryffindor dorm room.

After we drank our tea, I was about to say we need to get back when Luca says "Hermione, come out back for a minute."

I nod then head outside and Luca leads me to the shed and opens the door. "It's exactly how I remember it," I cry out. I look over to the Ravenclaw blue beanbag that I spent hours in, reading whatever books the Donati's brought to me.

"I made sure nothing changed," Luca says proudly. "I never moved anything. I just had my Mum place some anti-dust and pest wards."

I sit down in the beanbag, "Grazi Luca. I don't know what I would have done without you and this shed."

"Prego," he breathes out then hesitates and says "Your parents... the Grangers, moved away after you left for the Weasleys."

"What?" I exclaim startled.

"They don't live next door anymore Hermione," he explains. "My stupido brothers, they put one of those Weasley ear toys in the house over the summer. They listened in on everything as they moved back in and out. They kept recalling times they hurt you. Jean broke down crying about how awful they were you. They decided after you left that they'll move and never look back. My brother's only told me about the move a few days ago when I came back for a break from the team and then the article came out..." Tears slide down his pale skin, "I was so angry Hermione. I thought about all those years you came out the back door with scratches, cuts and bruises and how you were just going through it all because they were your parents and they weren't even your real ones." He breaks down onto his knees and starts cursing wildly in a mixture of English, Italian and Bulgarian. 

I get on to my knees and make him look me in the eyes, "You don't have to worry about me anymore Luca; I'm safe now, no one's going to hurt me like that ever again. Not even Ronald freakin' Weasley ok? And once I'm out of school, my brother and I are going to run a book cafe in Diagon Alley and you can endorse it for us alright? And then we'll all get the happy ending we deserve."

"That's really your plan?" he asks wiping away his tears chuckling.

"Yep, but the first thing on the list is to get Ronald Weasley and then hang him upside down off the Whomping Willow. It'll take a bit of House Unity but we'll get there."

"What I said to that Malfoy brother of yours is scarily accurate," Luca mutters.

My eyes widen, "What did you say to him?"

"That Mrs Granger used to dress you in a poofy hot pink dress with humongous pigtails on either side of your head when you were little."

I feel blood rush to my face with embarrassment. I whack him, "You liar, that's not even related to the conversation!"

"Ah but it got you to turn redder than a Weasley!" he laughs.

Before I can reply, Draco appears at the shed door, "Mcgonagall just sent her Patronus, we need to head back now, Blaize and the Weaselette have gone already," he says. "Say goodbye."

I stand up and say "I guess I have to go."

Luca nods and stands up as well, "I'll see you in the papers."

"And I'll look for you in the papers, I expect big things from you, Donati. You've got to be world-famous to endorse our shop."

"I'll do my best Ms Black," he smiles.

Draco leads me into the house and whispers "You told him about the book shop plan?"

"It's always good to have friends in high places."

Luca follows us in and says "You can use the floo." We nod. 

"Thank you for having us Donati," Draco bows.

"It was a pleasure, Malfoy. I hope to see you again."

"You can count on it," Draco and I say in tandem.