Chapter 14

Hermione pov

Next day

I wake up feeling fresher than I've been in months. I'm still in the clothes I arrived in. I look over at the calendar and then my watch. 12th December, 8:15 am. I've been asleep for over 14 hours! Still shocked I go to the bathroom and use the facilities. I change into a short-sleeved periwinkle maxi-dress and some black leggings.

 I change into a short-sleeved periwinkle maxi-dress and some black leggings

My belongings had been stored in my charmed bag.

"What will Mr Lovegood and Mrs Malfoy think?" I exclaim quietly to myself. "I didn't even have dinner yesterday!"

I brush my hair wishing Draco was here so he could put it in a holding spell so I could tie it up. I quietly open the large door and creep out the room only for a house-elf t apparate in front of me, "Good morning, Miss Granger," she says. "Master Draco and the Mistress instructed Fanny to take you to the dining room when you woke up."
"Ok then Miss Fanny," I say with a grateful smile. She takes my hand and we apparate to the Dining Room. 

The table is sparkling it is so clean, "Master Draco said: since you didn't eat yesterday, a full English Breakfast was in order" Fanny explains. "Fanny, Panny and Yibby will be done in five minutes."

"Thank you, Fanny," I say politely.

She apparates away, then appears again with a book, "Master Xenophilius suggested you would enjoy rereading this while you wait."

I chuckle and gently take the book off her and see it's "The Tales of Beadle & Bard". The house-elf apparate away again and then I start reading.

Five minutes later, my breakfast appears on my table and I start eating. When I'm finished, Fanny appears again and I help her clear up, ignoring her protests. Once we're done I ask "Do you know if Luna or Draco are awake yet?"

Fanny nods, "Master Draco got out of bed about 3 minutes ago."

I nod, "Then I'll go to him." I head to the East Wing and knock on Draco's door, "Draco, it's Hermione!" I call.

"Two minutes!" he calls back.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

I hear him chuckle, "Combing my hair. Unlike Potter, I actually care about my hair."

I laugh, "I'll be waiting here then."

A minute later, he opens the door in loose black jeans and a long-sleeved blue shirt. 

A/N (Draco's doesn't have the logo)

"Never thought I'd see the day you wore non-formal muggle clothes," I chuckle.

"Never thought I'd see the day you wore a dress outside formal events," he counters. "So what do you have planned today?"

"Two plans," I say holding up two fingers. "One: go to the library and read all day or two: go to my room and read all day."

"So either way, books are involved?" he chuckles. I shrug with a cheerful smile. "Well that sleep did you some good," he says. "You didn't mention 'studying'. I should invite you around more often."

My cheerfulness shatters "I'm so sorry! I didn't realise I was so tired. I've never slept that long in my life, not including when I got petrified in second year. Did your mother say anything?"

Draco shakes his head, "I told her about our late nights studying and our head student duties on top. She said you deserve to sleep for a whole 24-hours but I told her that would be a coma and we wouldn't want the Gryffindor Princess in a coma whilst in Malfoy Manor, they'll think we tried to kill you or something."

I laugh, "I believe if Skeeter found out she would forget about our little deal back in fourth year and write out the whole paper's worth of an article about us, and then she will die in an unfortunate accident and everyone will visit her grave with poisonous flowers with tags that say 'R.I.H.'"

"Rest in Hell?" he guesses in shock.

I smirk and nod "Where she belongs."

"I'm just gonna double-check with you; you do forgive me for the last seven years right?"

I smile, "Oh of course I do, you're officially in my good books. Harry, Ron and Ginny though, should start getting worried."

"Oh good. I've never been more afraid of you, you know that?" Draco sighs. "What books are you looking to read today?"

"I want to investigate that printed constellation mobile."

He looks at me and contemplates what I said. "Well, you should try your room then, I'm sure Mother's filled it with lots of books on constellations."

Draco leads me back to my room, "I'm going to go downstairs and eat, call Menny if you need me."

I turn to the bookcase and start reading the first book I touch.

Draco pov

I feel bad for lying to her because I knew that I had Yibby remove all the books related to the House of Black from Hermione's shelves but I can't let her find out by herself. I have to be the one to tell her.