Chapter 4

A/N Found out the other day my Patronus is a cat

Draco Pov 

I was proud to get off the Hogwart's Express with Luna by my side. Many heads were turned. We split up in the Great Hall going to our house tables but not before Luna pulls me into a tight hug in front of the entire school. It took everything in my power not to blush.  She lets go and then skips away giggling. I walk to the Slytherin table like the hug was totally normal -that's because it is for me,  it was just a shock that she did it in public.

"What was that about?" Blaize Zabini asks.

I shrug, "She's my cousin."

"I know that, but what happened to 'Malfoys show no affection.'"

"It was just Luna being Luna alright," I snap. "She likes warm hugs."

"'Cept Draco does not," Pansy Parkinson comments.

"I don't like hugs from you, Pansy or anything from you," I retort.

"Yep, he only accepts them from," Theodore Nott starts counting on his fingers. "His Mummy dearest, Loony Lovegood and the Dark Lord himself!"

The Slytherin eighth years involuntarily shiver at the horrific memory.

Short Time Skip

After Granger and I complete our Head Student duties, Filch leads us to a painting of Sirius Black (To my complete and utter shock).

"Sirius?" Granger exclaims happily.

"Hermione, my dear," the portrait laughs heartily. "I'm glad to see you alive and well."

"Thank you," she smiles. "What is the password Mister Filch?"

The squib grumbles something incoherently. Sirius laughs knowingly then smirks at Filch, "Speak up Squib, the students can't hear you!"

"Mischief Managed!" Filch growls then saunters away.

"Correct," Sirius chuckles.

"The portrait opens and Hermione enters, "Malfoy, aren't you coming?"

"In a minute Granger," I say. "I would like to speak to my cousin first."

"You have too many cousins, Malfoy," she sighs then disappears into the Heads chambers.

I cast a muffliato  around us as Sirius reappears "What is it, my boy?"

I laugh, "I am not your boy, but I could have been if you stuck around long enough."

"Merlin, she told you?" he gasps.

"Yes, she told me," I nod. "You escaped Azkaban in third year, did you ever go back to check on her or were you content with leaving her in the abusive hands of my father?"

He winces, "I..."

"Shut up!" I growl. "Did you ever look at pictures of me and think, 'He could have been mine. He SHOULD have been mine!"

"Draco..."

"Did you ever look at a picture of me and say 'I could have given him a better life?'"

"I did."

I pause in surprise.

"Every time I saw you in the Daily Prophet, I could see through your facade. I was trained the same way you were. I wished it since the day you were born. That you were mine."

A tear escapes my eye. "Then what about Granger?" I snarl. "Was she on your doggy radar or did you really not know Mother was pregnant when you divorced her?"

His jaw drops, "I had no idea."

"Well then, you mustn't tell her!" I demand. "I'm going to be the one to tell her." He nods. My tone softens, "If I had to choose between you and my father, I would choose you."

He smiles at me, "I'm afraid my brown hair would not have looked good with your handsome looks."

"Yeah, I think the only good thing I got from my father was the hair and Luna being my cousin." The portrait chuckles. "Mischief Managed," I say. Sirius nods then I pull down the Muffliato charm and go into my new chambers.

"That was a long chat," Granger comments from the sofa.

"There was a lot to say."

"Are you wondering  what the relevance of the password is?"

"I'm guessing it has something  to do with the Marauders?" I shrug.

"You know about the Marauders?" she exclaims.

"I quite a bit of digging over the summer," I explain as I sit across from her. "My first cousin once removed was one of the subjects I was studying."

"Who were the others?"

"No one particularly interesting," I lie.

"Then why were you studying them?"

"I was studying their relationship to the House of Black."

"Oh, so more elitists?"

I chuckle and say nothing. Oh, how wrong you are, sister of mine.