Chapter 21 The Interview

Pegasus Pov

Luna sits opposite me in the library with a self-writing quill and notebook floating, ready to write down our every word. Luna smiles at me professionally. "So Miss Granger," she begins. "My sources tell me that you have a big surprise for the Wizarding World."

No matter how many times Luna interviews me, I'm still shocked by how her mannerisms change during an interview.

"Yes that's true," I nod.

"However, there are a lot of rumours going around," Luna says matter of factly. "Mr Malfoy even had to threaten a dozen reporters that ambushed him in Diagon Alley."

I chuckle remembering that particular article. Correction: those particular articles.

"Yes, they all started publicly during the term when Mr Malfoy - who was appointed Headboy- and I -who was appointed Headgirl- went to Hogsmeade together, however, I think there were many within Hogwarts before this."

Luna laughs, "Many, I believe is an understatement, there were even some about me and Mr Malfoy, they were started by the Creevey brothers on the first day of term when I arrived in the Great Hall with him and hugged him goodbye. For further clarification, Draco Malfoy is my immediate cousin, this knowledge has only been known outside to my family, Miss Granger and Slytherin house, though I do believe some Slytherins have been encouraging false rumours."

My eyes widen and I chuckle, "Also for further clarification, as Mr Malfoy said in Diagon Alley: he and I are not in a relationship and we never will be." 

Luna nods "Before we get to your big surprise, is it true the Golden Trio are fighting amongst themselves?"

"Well hopefully, by the time this interview is published our little quarrel will be over, but yes, Harry, Ronald and Ginerva don't approve of my friendship with Mr Malfoy, we've even gone as far as not spending the holidays together, that is why I have been staying at Malfoy Manor."

"And that brings us to your surprise."

I smile and take a deep breath, "I found out last year that I was adopted. This led me to realise that there was a high chance that I am not a muggleborn. I found out over the Christmas holidays my true identity with the help of Mr Malfoy. He had spent his summer investigating the House of Black because his mother, Narcissa Malfoy told him of his long-lost sister. The two of them deduced by theorising, maternal instinct and thorough investigation, that I am said sister. My name is Pegasus Venus Black, daughter of Narcissa and her late former husband, Sirius Black."

"And that concludes this interview.

A/N I hoped you enjoyed this recap chapter