Change

I earned my place with the tidal waves

I can't escape this feeling that something ain't right
I called my name as I crashed the gates
Still I can't escape this feeling that something ain't right
Why don't you think before you speak?
Cause you don't know me at all
Grace's p.o.v

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I woke up and got the stuff the I needed out. Pink hair dye. Foundation, eyeliner, eye shadow and wine coloured lipstick . A little change wouldn't hurt anyone. I dyed my hair and changed my clothes. I placed a blink-182 shirt and black ripped skinny jeans. I decided to add a little bit of a new look. Smokey eye actually looked okay on me and the same goes for the lipstick. I nodded at the mirror signaling that my reflection was okay. I pulled my hair out of the bun and I left it wavy and pink-ish.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I decided to roam around the city and take in the atmosphere. I decided to grab something to eat and something to drink as well. While walking and wandering around for a nearby coffee shop, my gaze shifted to a breathe-taking apartment. I saw a sign next to it ' apartment for rent

call: *** *** *** '

I dialed the number and a lady replied. She seemed to be in her mid 40s. " Hello, my name's Grace. erm... I have seen that your apartment is for renting and I was looking for an apartment. How much do I have to pay monthly ? " I said. " Oh hello this is Layla, well I was actually going to rent it for 80$ but I could lessen the price a little bit. Is 60$ okay ? " she nicely replied.

" 60$ is perfect, thank you so much when can I meet you ? " I said. " I am free right now maybe we could meet at the nearby Cafe which is just straight down the street that the apartment is in " She rambled.

" I will see you there in 5 " I ended the call and made my way towards the cafe.

*flashback*

" dear mom,
I know you are reading this right now. I am so sorry mom, but things have changed. Can't you see ? You are no longer my mommy. I usually look at our silly pictures on my phone. Remember them ? Those silly pictures that we used to take till I was twelve years old. I remember you telling me about how much you loved me. You were the only best friend that I had. All those kids at school hated me. You were my only hope. I just saw faith deep down your heart. I know in a couple of months you'll forget I'm gone. Mom I'm not really something to be dwelled on you know. Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that I love you and that I never meant to hurt you. I am gonna miss you. You'll always have the biggest place in my heart. You have changed mum and yes I have let you down,..alot but things have changed. I feel pity for you, I mean you have a daughter like..me. you should hate yourself for that. I was born in the wrong time. I was born to be tortured, mistreated and hurt. I love you. I love you. I love you. Just remember you will always be my mommy. No one can take your place. We will meet again one day. I promise you what goes around comes back around. Please don't cry. Forget about me. Adopt a new daughter, start a new life. I have to go now. Bye mommy.
~yours
-Grace ♡
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

My eyes were burning like hot lava. I couldn't cry from the pain in my eyes. I got all the negative thoughts out of my head. I found the petite cafe and smiled at how beautiful it was. I entered and I saw a woman in her mid 40s sitting on a table. " Um, is this Layla ? " I blurted out of the blue. " yes, grace right ? " she said and I nodded in response. We both greeted each others and settled down I ordered a chocolate Muffin and black coffee. We talked through the whole apartment renting thingy and she accepted giving me the apartment. I smiled and handed her 40$ I will be moving in tomorrow's morning.