bittersweet

Narrator's ( p.o.v )

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

" How are you now my precious daughter ? Are you alright ? Please don't hurt yourself I love you, I need you. I know this world have been so unfair. I know I have been so cruel but I need you. " Grace's mum, whispered to the air. She was imagining her daughter. Just talking to herself. Grace's father. Oh he was in another world. Grace knew her father's deepest secret, but she kept it on the inside for the sake of the voices that once soothed her to sleep.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Grace's p.o.v

~♡~♡~♡~♡~

I headed back to the motel and immediately headed to bed. 

* next morning * 

It was 8 am and I should meet Layla at 9:30. I brushed my teeth and washed my face. I decided to braid my hair for today. A fishtail braid would be okay. I quickly got dressed into a pair of black skinny jeans and a dark red pullover. I placed my black converse on and took my bag as I made my way out of the motel. I walked slowly singe it was still 9:15. As I reached the apartment, I saw Layla dressed neatly into a white blouse and a black pencil skirt. I smiled and waved and she waved back. I handed her the money and she handed me the key. I got into the building and smiled at the elegant yer simple entrance, I made my way towards the elevator and waited for it. I got in and pressed the 6th floor button. The elevator dinged showing that I have reached the right floor. Apartment 268. I got the key and unlocked the door. The apartment was all settled up. 1 bedroom, 1 guestroom, A living room, An average sized loo and a kitchen. I made my way towards the purple bedroom and started unpacking. After I was done I made my bed and decided to sleep for a little while. It was cold and it was almost Christmas. Oh lord. It's almost Christmas. My parents. I hope my mum's okay. I also hope my dad would be okay. No matter what he put me through and those dark, deep secrets that he has kept hidden. I Took a deep breath and rolled on my other side. I was just a fragile body under tons of covers. I missed the way they used to embrace me. I checked my phone and saw 150+ missed calls and 260+ messages. All of them were from my parents. I quickly turned off my GPS. I looked around it was still early I mean 1:00 pm who sleeps in such an early time. I decided to head towards a grocery shop to buy some food. I headed towards the nearest grocery shop got a cart and started looking around for things that I need. I unlocked my phone and checked the list to see if I got everything.

Bring:

1- Cereal (✔)

2- green minty tea (✔)

3- mango flavored tea (✔)

4- english tea (✔)

5- coffee ( creamer ) (✔)

6- cheese (✔)

7- yogurt (✔)

8- orange juice (✔)

9- milk (✔)

10- candy (✔)

11- snacks (✔)

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I have paid and got out. I have been stopped by an old lady holding a pack of salted caramel. " Your eyes look sad darling. " she said in a hoarse voice. " I-I I am not s-sad" I stuttered. " your mouth says something but your eyes hold a different story " she said, " here take, eat this " she handed me one of her salted caramel. I took it and ate it. " how does it taste ? " she asked. " salty yet so surgery, a little ( bittersweet ) " I said. "That,my dear is exactly what life is " she said before leaving me standing dumbfounded.