Why ?

grace's p.o.v
~♡~♡~♡~♡~

being raised by cold eyes taught me to never cry, being raised by hard fists taught me to be strong, being raised by harsh words taught me to be silent, being raised by a stone heart taught me to never love.

I wasn't crying because of ashton. I was crying because I wanted this to end, there was no point of my life this is it, I must die. This must end. I am so tired of crying. I am so tired of this. I pushed myself out of ashton's embrace, why can't he just leave me alone. I felt so in the mood for just a slight cut/scratch. I haven't done that in a long time. I wonder how is everything now.

* skipping school *

I somehow got them to send me my grades report without knowing my real adress I gave them a fake adress but I went to that place and got my grades I did awsome in English, science and history I also did amazing in psychology but I messed up in math, I wasn't really smart in math, my mum says that I'm dumb. It's okay though I am not affected by these words anymore. I was walking down the street until I saw a bakery with a " need workers " sign. I quickly got inside and asked for a job. They said they had a job for doing pastries. I agreed on taking the job. I should start tomorrow's night. My shit starts from 6 till 10 pm. It's okay though as long as I get paid. I thanked the old lady and headed towards my apartment. The bakery was just straight up the road which is very close to my apartment. I got in changed into some heavy clothes and finished all my homework. My phone buzzed showing that I got a text. it was from my mum. My mum's name is Rebecca. I don't feel like calling her my mum anymore. I checked the text.

R= rebecca

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~~

R= Grace ! Grace honey where are you ?

R= Grace are you okay ?

R= Honey did I do anything wrong or did I ever hurt you

" oh no, no you haven't done anything at all " I thought as I read the texts. There was that text that caught my attention

R= you know what I give up ! I give up on you, you're nothing but a worthless piece of crap. you have always been such a disappointment. you'll never achieve your dreams. you have ruined my life you weren't even meant to be born ! why do you even exist ?

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

My tears were desperately falling. I have no parents. SHE IS REBECCA. HE IS ADAM. I AM GRACE AND I AM NOT RELATED TO THEM. THEY are monsters. I wish I had someone by my side. I wish I had someone to hug me and tell me that it will be alright. I wish I was happy. can't I start all over ? why is this happening to me ?

I eventually fell asleep.

*skipping the morning routine*

I quickly got into class and took a seat by the end of the class. I looked even uglier today because my eyes were red and puffy from crying. Some others came a bit early to class. Someone took a seat beside me, I looked up to be greeted by ashton's eyes. I looked down emedietly. "Grace.." ashton whispered as he got his thumb on my chin and lifted my face so I was now facing him. He was looking deeply into my eyes. His eyes were filled with concern and sadness. " Were you crying ?" he slowly whispered " No, no I wasn't " I lied AGAIN. " you were crying weren't you " he sigh. " Is everything okay ? " he asked " Ashton, everything's alright don't worry. I am fine " There was still about 20 minutes and then the class will start so me and ashton decided to get to know each others. After millions of questions he asked me the one I was dreading the most. " Tell me about your parents " " I am sorry but I don't have parents, I am all alone. My parents-" before I could complete, my tears were falling like a tornado. Ashton wrapped an arm around me and begged me to stop crying. " Why are you so nice to me..I mean you're ashton and I am..I am..I am me " " You're different and perfect. " I smiled a bit at his words even though I didn't believe these compliments. I just smiled. The bell rang and we have finished all of our lessons before lunch break. It was now lunch break. I headed towards my locker and got my money to get my food. I got my food and then I took a seat at a table. All Alone. I was a bit happy cause I was alone. No friends, no fights. I wasn't always alone, My demons were always here. 24/7. I felt some tears coming into my eyes, but I couldn't help it I let them flow. There was that song stuck into my head " If there's a god out there, please hear my prayers I am lost and afraid and I have nowhere else to run I have come a long, long way but I am not sure I can make it much father, so if you're listening could you give a helping hand to your daughter " I cried even harder when I remembered that song. " How's the angle do- " I heard ashton say but he stopped. " Can't I spend a second without seeing you cry ? " He whined. " winter break starts today, I'll meet up with you tomorrow okay ? " " where should I meet you ? " " meet me at Starbucks kay ? I can pick you up if you want to " " No..it's okay I'll meet you there "

We talked for a little while and I was heading to class. Ashton had another class so we weren't together.