Warm

* skipping a couple of weeks *

~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~

Grace's p.o.v

~■~■~■~■~■~

It has been weeks and weeks. Winter is almost over which means no school anymore. I am glad today is the Last school day. I have also made a friend. It sounds weird since I made a friend. I have gained a lot of money I also still have what I took from my parents which is now 300 $ and I got about 600 $ from working since I worked a couple of days for the whole day. I have also got promoted as the girl who works by the counter so my hands no longer hurt me. Ashton and I, we got a bit closer, Still friends though nothing more, nothing less. Ashton and I are going to California for a slight vacation. We are gonna hit the road in a week. My new friend's called Stacey. She perfect. Her hair is a bit ginger, she has deep green eyes. Her hair is shorter than mine but she's still way prettier than me. We were both going shopping today after school since it's the last day. I have never gone shopping with my mum before, I usually go alone. I was currently in the last period and was curiously waiting for the bell to ring. Ashton was seated behind me and he was just playing with my hair, no matter how many times I have slapped his hand away he still plays with my hair. I just giggled and waited for the bell to ring. * Ring * the bell rang and I got out and reached my locker which was somehow beside ashton's. I cleared my locker and waited for ashton to clear his. We were both done. " Hey would you like to come over at mine now ? " " I am sorry ashton, but I am kind of going out with Stacey, for a girls night out " " oh..that's cool, it's okay " " You sure ash. ? " He somehow smiled when I called him ash. Instead of ashton " yeah its alright- do you need a ride, or are you guys leaving now ? " " We are leaving now. " " Bye Grace " " Bye ash. " I said while waving, he just smiled and left. Stacey has finally arrived. " let's go " I said. We both headed towards her car and got in. I was planing on getting a nice car soon. Ashton had a car but it's still not fixed.

*skipping the car ride *

We got out of the parking lot and got into the mall. " Woah ! " I exclaimed. It was huge. We got into almost every shop. I had a bag filled with clothes, make up. Most of the clothes were band shirts, black skinny Jeans, ripped skinny jeans and about 2 shorts or sth. I don't wear skirts, or dresses or these girly clothes. We both headed towards the food court to get our food. I took a seat by a table and she went towards Macdonald's to get our food. I was looking around and I saw the unexpected...

Ashton was seated all alone at a table eating his food. I decided to trick him. I started texting him. His phone buzzed which cause him to jump. I giggled at his cuteness. Yes I do admit it, he is cute but he's just my friend and I don't want us to be more than friends. I still won't let him in. It's just complicated. I texted him saying " Hey ashton ! " I kept texting him and I snuck behind him, then I yelled " HAVING FUN TEXTING ME ! " which cause him to Jump AGAIN ! I was laughing so hard,I haven't laughed that much in ages. " oh my god ! Grace you scared me For Christ's sake ! " he chuckled. I smiled at him. " it's really nice seeing you here. Would you like to join me ? " "It's okay ash. You can join me and Stacey. We were about to have lunch. He smiled at me and nodded. We both got up and headed towards our table. Stacey got our food and the three of us sat and ate. Ashton and Stacey were in a deep conversation,  it felt as if they forgot I was here. I slowly got up and they didn't even notice. I got up and left. I texted Stacey telling her that I have arrived home and that she can just go without me. Ashton texted me non-stop so I decided to act as if nothing has happened.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

Convo

~~~

A: WHY THE HELL DID YOU LEAVE ?

A: ARE YOU OKAY ?

A: GRACE ARE YOU ALRIGHT !

G: I'm alright ashton ! I was just tired so I headed home :)

A: can I come over ?

G: yes...you can

A: be here in 10.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•••~•~•••~•~••~•~••~•

The bell rang showing that ashton was here. I opened the door and motioned for him to get in. He looked a bit concerned. " what's wrong Grace ? " he slowly asked me " Everything's fine ashton " I lied with a fake smile plastered to my face even though looking at him makes me wanna cry. " What's up ? Please tell me " " it is just - please don't tell Stacey okay " I took a deep breath before talking, do I trust him to tell him ? " it's just, ashton you and stance kind of forgot I was here today. " " No ! No We didn't, well maybe we got carried away because we got into a deep conversation ! I'm so sorry ! I..I never meant to hurt you ! " ashton said while looking as guilty as ever. " it's alright, I just..I couldn't believe that I, GRACE the one who never made friends, has finally gotten two friends you know " I said while playing with my fingers. We were both seated at the couch. Ashton just embraced me and slowly patted my back.

* one week later *

It was time for me and ashton's trip. I packed all of my Stuff. It was 6:30. I was getting ready. We both rented a car for 130$ that will drive us and get us back home. We should leave at 7:00. I finished getting ready and had my breakfast. It was now 6:55. I locked the house and waited for ashton to arrive with the driver. I heard a car horn. Ashton came running to help me with my bags. " Thank you " I mumbled. It was a bit chilly outside. I got seated by the window and ashton got seated by the other window. I felt his eyes on me but I just ignored it. I rested my head on the window and watched as we got out of new York and headed towards California. It looked as if it was gonna rain, even though summer is almost here. That's weird. It suddenly started raining. I was a bit cold. I just snuggled closer to my baggy shirt. "Hey are you okay?  " ashton asked " yeah I am alright it's just a bit chilly " I said. " come here " ashton said. I got a bit closer to him and he wrapped an arm around me. I couldn't take the coldness so o wrapped my arms around his torso. " you warm now ? " ashton asked " yeah I am, Thank you " I said as I unwrapped my arms from around his waist but he stopped me. " stay like that. I like it "  I blushed a bit which was a miracle. I never blush. I never do anything. I'm just a burden. I lied there, my head resting on ashton's chest. He smelled good. I giggled at myself. Ashton was fast asleep, so I decided to sit up straight. I sat up straight and I felt something hard hit my shoulder. Ashton's head. I looked back at the window. I felt a soft strong hand grab mine. I looked at Ashton. His head still rested om my shoulder and his hand was entwined with mine. It's weird ashton usually holds my hand. The red Colour crept yo my cheeks and, and I felt something in my stomach. Butterflies ?. Nah I probably need some sleep. Even though I enjoyed holding his hand.