Chapter 1: The Continuation

Today is the first day of summer! I woke up early to make sure I had everything I needed. My bag was all packed with clothes for my summer in Europe! I couldn't wait!

After I found out Peter was Spiderman, we started going out. Everything has been going quite smoothly, and I haven't gotten into any danger since. Peter has been the same, sweet and amazing guy since the first day I met him.

Peter has asked before to meet my dad, but I've tried so hard to avoid it. Especially because that would expose two of my lies. 1) Tony Stark is my father. 2) Peter and I are dating.

I still haven't told dad yet, about Peter and I, and that I know he is Spider-Man. I'm just...worried. I've never had a boyfriend before, and I'm worried that something could go wrong.

I also haven't told Peter that my dad is Tony Stark. Holding in all these lies has been difficult, but I get through it by telling myself that I am keeping everyone I love out of danger.

It took a lot of convincing to get dad to let me go to Europe for a week without him. He eventually said yes, but made me promise to stay close to Peter at all times (no problem there), and to bring lots of tech with me for protection (no problem there either).

It was about 6:00am when I finished my packing. I wasn't exactly sure what I needed, so I packed warm, and cold weather clothes, special tech, a swimsuit, a camera, and other essentials of traveling. The trip was going to be 1 week, but for me that was a lifetime away from my dad, and with my friends and boyfriend.

I texted Peter to let him know I was going to leave for the airport soon (since they had us arrive super early so we could all board the planes together). He texted back that he had already left, and would meet me there. I smiled and closed my bag.

I attempted to carry the giant bag out my bedroom door and towards the elevator, but was stopped midway by Thor picking my bag up like it was nothing.

"I've got this tiny Stark," he said, as he smiled and carried my bag to the elevator. I smiled and looked around.

"Is dad home?" I asked, hoping to say goodbye to him. We had said goodbye last night, because he had an early meeting, but I was hoping to say goodbye to him again. I was really gonna miss him.

Thor shrugged and hugged me.

"Have fun and be safe," he said.

"I will," I said, and he walked away.

I had never been away from dad for so long. I knew I would be okay, but I really was going to miss him. Suddenly, he came racing across the hall and picked me up in a hug.

"No you can't leave me!" he said very dramatically. I burst out into laughter.

"Dad it's only for 1 week," I told him. He put me down and hugged me.

"I know, but what am I gonna do without you?" he asked. I looked up at him.

"You will finally get some rest," I said. He kissed my forehead.

"Will I? You're going to be alone in Europe! I won't be able to help you when you are all the way across the-"

"I won't be alone. Everything is going to be okay," I told him. He frowned.

"That's what you said when you wanted to attend school," he muttered.

"Gotta go dad. I love you!" I told him as I ran to the opening elevator.

"I love you too!" he said.

"And don't talk to french tourists! They are all weird and frenchy," he said before the doors closed. I laughed and pushed the button to the lobby.

Happy drove me to the airport and helped me unload my bag and check it in so I wouldn't have to carry it.

"This is the boarding pass, your passport and an extra bit of cash in case of emergencies," Happy said, handing me an envelope. I opened it and gasped.

"How much money is in here?" I whispered.

"Not that much, only 10,000," he shrugged.

"10,000 is a lot in cash," I exclaimed quietly.

"Tony wanted you to have it in case you needed to buy a new ticket or something," he said. Makes sense I guess.

"Alright fine. But I'm not going to use it unless I absolutely need it," I declared, putting it into my purse.

"Alright kid. Have a safe flight and call your dad when you land. He wants to make sure you will make it on the ground okay," he said. I smiled.

"I will. Bye Happy!" I waved, and walked towards security.

I had never been on a public plane before. Only a private jet a couple times. I didn't know how the security worked, but thank god there were signs everywhere.

"Let's see..." I muttered, looking at some signs.

"Take off my shoes? What, are shoes a threat? Clear everything out of pockets. Good, I don't have any. Put all items including jewelry, watches, belts, phones and laptops in a bin provided by the airport. Okay, seems easy enough. I'll just have to take off all my tech..." I whispered to myself. Then, I saw it.

The bins went through a scanner. No no no! They would probably see all the weapons I have stashed in my tech. This was bad. My line moved up towards the security.

"Friday!" I whispered.

"What can I assist you with?" she rang back. Her software was hidden in my earrings.

"Can you somehow make the scanners not detect that I am traveling with weapons?" I asked.

"Yes. Would you like me to disable the scanners?" she asked.

"No! Just hide any detection my tech being a threat in their scanners," I explained.

"Ma'am, please put your jewelry in a bin and step through the metal detector," an airport security guard told me. I turned to him.

"One moment please," I said, turning away.

"Done," Friday said. Thank god. I took off my earrings, shoes and other tech I was wearing and stepped through the metal detector.

"Stop," the woman at security said as I was about to collect my items. I held my breath as she examined the scanner.

"All clear, move along please," she said after a couple seconds. I breathed a small sigh or relief and gathered my stuff.