Chapter 8: Summer Vacation Hijack

Peter and I snuck back into the hotel pretty late at night. We had been out for a while, and it took a bit of time to get back. When we arrived in front of our rooms, I was about to walk in, when Peter gently pulled me back and kissed me.

"What was that for?" I ask, giggling.

"Because I wanted to kiss you when you told me who you really were, but Fury was there so..." he said, holding me close to him.

"I'm still really sorry about that," I said, feeling very guilty.

"It's already forgotten. I love you Y/N," he said, and we kissed again.

"I love you too. Goodnight Peter," I said, as we both reluctantly let go.

"Goodnight Y/N," he said, and we split ways to go to our rooms.

When I got inside, Michelle was already passed out with a book in her hands. I put the mask I was given, inside of my bag and changed into pajamas. I tried to go to sleep, but I couldn't stop thinking about possibly becoming an Avenger.

I had a chance, but I blew it. Still, I guess I don't regret anything. I don't want to be an Avenger if Peter isn't by my side.

The next morning, I woke to Michelle throwing her shoe at me.

"What was that for?" I said, frustrated.

"You needed to get up. We leave for Paris in 30 minutes," she said, completely calm. When she said Paris, instantly my mood changed.

I had always wanted to go. I had pictures of the Eiffel Tower all over my room, and all I wanted right now was to go there with Peter, and have such an amazing time together.

I hurried out of bed and got ready. I curled my hair into gentle waves, and wore a red sundress that was perfect for the weather. I did my makeup, brushed my teeth, packed my bag and was ready to head out the door.

I walked outside and saw that we had a new bus; a charter bus. It looked much nicer than the one we were using. I went to go put my bag in the storage area of the bus, and tapped the bus driver's shoulder for help, since it was very big.

The bus driver turned around and...Dimitri?! What was he doing here? He saw my shocked expression and put a finger to his lips. I nodded, and he loaded my bag into the bus. I had to find Peter.

I walked back towards the hotel, to see Peter and Ned walking out the door.

"Oh dude, I'm fine. Seriously, getting tranq'd in the neck by Nick Fury, probably the coolest thing to ever happen to me anyway," Ned was saying, as I approached them.

"Hey Y/N! You ready for Paris?" Ned asked, then nudging Peter slightly. I ignored it.

"Yeah, I'm really excited!" I said, and Peter smiled. Ned walked towards the bus while Peter stayed back.

"Peter, don't look now, but Dimitri is our driver," I whispered to him. He casually glanced over at Dimitri, who was looking straight at us. We ducked our heads back together.

"What does he want?" Peter asked.

"I have no idea. But, I'm a little worried," I said. Just then, Mr. Harrington walked out of the hotel and announced...

"Good news! We're going to Prague!"

Peter and I shot a glance at each other.

"What the-" Peter started.

"Oh no," I said, glancing at Dimitri.

"I'm sorry, Prague?" I asked Mr. Harrington. He nodded.

"Yeah, tour company called. They upgraded us. You should've heard me on the phone with them. I really gave them hell," he said, walking towards the bus. I noticed Peter's face change to a realization.

"Peter...what's going on?" I asked.

"I think Nick Fury just hijacked our summer vacation," he said, putting his hands on my shoulders. My heart sank.

"So...we aren't going to go to Paris?" I said, my eyes becoming glossy.

"I'm not sure," Peter said, sounding a bit defeated. He pulled me into a hug and rested his chin on my head.

"You don't think..." I started to ask.

"I think Nick Fury is doing whatever it takes to bring us on this mission," he said, and I looked up towards him.

"That's what I was afraid of," I said quietly. Peter and I walked towards the bus, and passed by Dimitri, watching him closely. All he did was stare at us, like we were going to disappear all of a sudden. We boarded the bus and sat next to each other, as Ned and MJ sat behind us. I sat on the isle, and kept a good eye on Dimitri.

I watched as Peter pulled out the glasses my dad gave him.

"Say Friday," I said quietly. He looked at me.

"It's your new AI," I said, nudging him a bit. He looked surprised, and put them on quickly.

"Friday?" he said, quietly. I heard a faint voice talking to him, as his eyes lit up. I smiled and put my head on his shoulder to sleep.