Chapter 26: It's All Over

Peter's POV:

She wasn't dead. She was in my arms, safe. I couldn't find the strength to let her go. I feared that she would be dragged away from me again. She didn't cry. She was strong.

She eventually pulled away, and she looked up at me.

"I-he told me--you were gone and-I didn't know what to-" she started to stutter. I cupped her face in my hands.

"I almost was dead. But I'm here now," I told her softly, and we both turned to see Beck groaning on the floor. I pushed Y/N behind me, but she stood at my side instead.

"Beck...you lied to us. We trusted you," I said, looking down on him.

"I know. That's the most...disappointing part. You're a good person, Peter. Such a weakness..." he tried to say. It was clear that he wasn't okay. He was badly hurt.

A part of me still cared for him. I tried to see the best in people. Then, I remembered that before I was hit by the train, he told me he really was sorry. Of course, that doesn't change what he did. But maybe, just maybe, he's not a complete monster.

"Stark was right. You do deserve that..." he said, handing me the glasses. I almost went to take them, until I heard a BANG! Y/N and I jumped and look towards our right.

The other Beck I was just talking to disappeared. He was just another illusion. The real Quentin revealed himself with a gun. My eyes widened and I looked back towards Y/N.

No.

She was in shock. She looked back towards me, but nothing happened. She...wasn't shot?

Then, where did that sound come from?

Quentin fell to the ground, and when he did, he revealed Mr. Stark behind him, in his IronMan suit. Y/N and I both smiled, knowing that this had to be real.

"Dad!" Y/N shrieked with excitement. Mr. Stark climbed out of his suit and ran to hug his daughter. Now that I actually saw them next to each other, how did I miss that they were related?

I turned to Quentin, still on the floor. I took the glasses back from his face and put them on myself.

"Friday! Turn off the drones," I breathed.

"Biometric scan complete. Welcome back Peter," Friday said, and I breathed a sigh of relief. Now, it was all over.

"Shall I execute all cancellation protocols?"

"Do it. Execute them all," I said.

"Confirmed."

We all watched as the drones flew back up towards the satellite they came from. I turned back towards Quentin.

"How could you do all of this?" I asked, anger in my voice.

"You'll see, Peter. People need to believe. A nowadays, they'll believe anything," he whispers, before going completely still.

"Is he...is this real?" I asked Friday.

"All illusions are down, Peter."

I turned back towards Y/N and Mr. Stark.

"It's over," I told them. Y/N walked over and we embraced again.

"I'm so sorry I didn't save you sooner. I tried-" I started to tell her, guilt written all over my voice.

"Peter, it's alright. I handled myself, and you saved me," she told me. We pulled back and smiled at each other. I wanted to kiss her, but it felt weird with Mr. Stark right there.

"So...you know he's Spiderman?" he asked, suddenly. Y/N's eyes widened.

"Uh...yeah," she said softly.

"And you. You know she's my kid?" he asked me. I nodded.

"Well, that's just how it is, isnt it? Nobody else knows?" he asked us. We shook our heads.

"Good. I guess I trust you both. Y/N, you are still in trouble for going on a Shield mission without talking to me about it first. And kid? You're in trouble for giving away my gift to you," he said, sternly. We both lowered our heads in shame. Mr. Stark sighed.

"But...you two handled yourself well out there. You saved my daughter. Y/N, you still aren't going to become an Avenger," he told Y/N.

"That's fine. I've had enough fighting for a lifetime," she joked.

"And I'm not sure how much I like you two dating, but...Peter? I trust you. You have always kept Y/N safe, somewhat. I expect you to live up to that," he said and I nodded rapidly.

"Don't worry, sir. Nothing will happen to her," I said, meaning every word.

"Mhm. Friday? Let's go home," Mr. Stark said to his suit, and climbed back inside. The suit closed and he flew away.

Y/N's POV:

Peter swung me down to the ground, and we quickly found Ned, MJ and Happy.

"Oh my god! Peter we almost died! There was this drone right? It followed us all the way into the vault, and we were all really scared, right? And then-" Ned started to recap. We all laughed a bit.

"Well, it's the last we will ever see of the elementals," Peter said.

"So that Mysterio guy was just some fraud?" MJ asked. We nodded.

"Sick," she said. Yeah, that's the word I would use to describe what he put us through.

They eventually got back to the class, and Peter and I were left to walk around a bit until Happy could get us another private jet to fly home on. We stopped on the concrete below all the chaos and I looked out towards the water.

"Wow," was all I could say.

"It's crazy how even though everything that just happened here, happened, this is still one of the most beautiful places we have been throughout this whole vacation," I said, cheerfully. I turned back to Peter and his eyes turned to a realization look quickly. He reached into a compartment in his suit and pulled out a broken flower necklace.

"No..." Peter said sadly, holding the necklace gently in his hands.

"Aw Y/N, I'm so sorry I had this plan, this stupid plan, and I wrote it all down and I was going to give you the best vacation of your life and I was going to buy this for you and give this to you in Paris and-" he started and I kissed him to stop him.

"Peter that is the sweetest thing anyone has ever tried to do for me," I said, blushing.

"It's my favorite flower," I said in a bit of awe as I stared at the necklace.

"I'm sorry that it's broken," Peter whispered in guilt.

"I actually like it better broken," I said, meaning it. The necklace was beautiful, but I felt like it also represented Peter in a way. We were both broken, but I like him better that way. We can be broken together.

I turned around and Peter put the necklace on me. I looked down at it and smiled.

"I love you," I said softly.

"I love you, too," he said, and carefully, our lips met each other, as we sealed the perfect moment together.

Peter and I made our way to another jet flown by Happy, and we flew home together. It's the first time I slept that trip, knowing that everything was going to be okay.

And that was what I really needed to know after everything I've been through.