Chapter 5: Mysterio?

Y/N's POV:

We all headed back to the hotel, worried about anything happening again if we stayed outside. We all stopped in the lobby as we caught a glimpse of the news. Peter went to call someone on the hotel's phone, and I sat down on the steps next to MJ. No one was really able to tell what they are saying on the TV.

"It's aliens. It has to be," Ned said, as we all re-watched the fight from the TV.

"Buzzfeed says there's a sailor named Morris Bench who was exposed to an experimental underwater generator and got hydro powers," Flash said, reading off his phone. MJ and I give him a look.

"Yeah, you should definitely believe everything you read on the Internet," MJ said, and I laugh.

"Spiderman could take him," Flash says, and that name catches my attention. I look back at Peter, still hunched over in the corner on the phone.

"What do you think it is?" I hear Mr. Harrington ask Mr. Dell.

"You know, being a man of science...witches," he says, dead serious. I chuckle a bit, when I hear Peter mention Happy's name. What?

"Who is that guy?" someone asked, and I turned back to my fellow students.

"He's like Ironman and Thor rolled into one," someone else says. I scoff. He wishes. As great as that guy might be, he will never be dad...

"He's alright. He's no Spider-Man," Flash says, referencing Spider-Man again. I roll my eyes. If only you knew...

"What is it with you and Spider-Man?" MJ finally asks. I was curious myself, though I, more than anyone, knew why anyone would like him.

"What? He's just awesome okay? He protects the neighborhood, and you know he's inspiring. He inspires me to be a better man," Flash says, going off. He isn't wrong. I hear Peter walk up next to me, arms folded and watching the TV as well. I smile at him.

"Sup dickwad? I thought you drowned," Flash says, changing his tone towards Peter. I glare at him.

"Sound like his name is Mysterio," I say, trying to reading the words on the television.

"L'uomo del Misterio is Italian for 'Man of Mystery'. They don't actually know who he is," Michelle says to me.

"Mysterio..." Ned says, taking in its effect.

"Cool name," Ned and Betty say at the same time. They turn to each other.

"Babe!" they say, in a very cute way. I roll my eyes.

"Did you see what he looked like up close?" I half whispered to Peter.

"I mean, kind of. I have no idea who he is though. Never seen him before," he told me. I shrugged. I guess we never see heros until they prove themselves.

"So...Paris tomorrow. Go to the Eiffel Tower. Should be great," Peter said, suddenly getting all nervous. I reach out a grab his hand.

"Yep! It's gonna be great," I told him, and he smiled at me, before kissing my hand in his.

The news eventually ended, and the sun was down, so we all went to our hotel rooms to get ready for bed. I kissed Peter goodnight, and told him how happy I was that he was safe. Then, we parted ways as he and Ned went to their room, and Michelle and I to ours.

Peter's POV:

I couldn't stop smiling, thinking about my plan for tomorrow. Though, my plan was almost ruined by this...monster thing. So much for a relaxing vacation with Y/N. She deserved to have a week of stress-free fun. But, I couldn't give her that. At least we were still going to Paris tomorrow.

"Dude, what are you gonna do about the water monster?" Ned pulled me aside to ask, before we entered our room. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Nothing. It's dead, and besides, that Mysterio guy is all over it. Look... I just want to spend some time with Y/N. We were talking about Paris, and I just want her to not be stressed out about any of this," I tell him, as we enter our room.

"That's nice. Reminds me of when Betty and I first fell in love. I had just finished my fruit cobbler right-?" Ned starts, but stops. After a second, I hear a thud. I look up from the sink and turn around to see none other than Nick Fury. Shit. And he...shot Ned?!

"You're a very difficult person to contact, Spiderman," he says from a dark corner of the room. Shit. This isn't good.

"You're Nick Fury," I say, turning to him in shock. I turn back to Ned, asleep on the couch.

"You just shot Ned," I exclaim a bit.

"It's just a mild tranquilizer. So good to finally meet you. Actually, I was hoping I would meet your little friend too," he says, and I get confused.

"Ned? You just shot him. I think officially meeting him will take a while," I say. He chuckles a bit.

"Nah. The girl. Stark's kid. What's her name...Y/N," he says. I drop my toothbrush at the sound of her name. Stark's kid? What? That makes no sense.

"I'm sorry, you are probably mistaken. Y/N isn't Mr. Stark's daughter. He doesn't even have kids," I say, pretty confident that he didn't. But my confidence drains every second after I say that.

"Stark hid his daughter from the world so she wouldn't be exposed to everyone who wants to hurt Stark. She never told you because she wanted to keep you safe. But now, we need you both," he says. My mind is going insane.

"So...Y/N really is Mr. Stark's daughter?"