Chapter 4: WTF!

Peters POV:

The monster erupted from the water, spraying everyone around it, causing a panic! People screamed and ran, but it started to cause such destruction. I knew I had to do something.

"What the hell is that?!" Y/N yelled as we all started to run away from it.

"I don't know! But you guys need to get to safety now!" I yelled, as we stopped behind a building.

"Peter don't be stupid you could be killed!" Y/N breathed, staring into my eyes.

"I need to help! You guys need to help get other people away from it, as well as yourselves!" I yelled over the sounds of chaos.

"I'm not leaving you, Peter! You don't even have your suit!" Y/N insisted.

"Ned, get you and Y/N away from that thing!" I told Ned. He nodded and started to pull Y/N away.

I activated my web shooter, since it was the only thing I had without my suit. As if on cue, the monster came around the corner to the building I was at. I shot a web at it, and it just got lost in the monsters body of water.

"Shit," I whispered. The monster looked on towards people screaming over a bridge, trying to get away from it.

"Oh no you don't," I said, as I started to run towards the crowd. I ran and jumped onto wooden poles coming from the water, and jumped onto a nearby boat. I grabbed a long stick and hoisted myself up to where the panicked crowd was.

"Are you okay?" I kept asking to people who had tripped in the crowd.

"Alright go!" I yelled to people, trying desperately to make sure no one go hurt. I turned to see the monster about to throw a punch towards me. The water hit like a ton of bricks, breaking the stone railing of the bridge, and throwing me hard onto the other stone railing.

I spit out water and started to cough a bit, when I saw a green light appear. It drew the monsters attention away from me and towards it.

I looked behind me to see green smoke, and something, or someone, flying from it and attacking the monster through these green beams!

Who, is that?

I looked around and spotted a party mask lying on the ground.

"Well, if I want to conceal my identity, this should work," I muttered to myself, picking it up and throwing it on.

The green guy started to make his way towards the monster, dodging every attack, and countering it with his green laser thingys. It looked a bit like Dr. Strange's magic...

He finally took a blow from the monster, and fell towards the water. The monster made a loud roaring noise, before bending large areas of the water around him upwards.

Suddenly, the mysterious hero was back, and he dodged all the water again, shooting his beams at the monster. I knew he would need my help. I climbed onto a structure he was near and called out to him.

"Excuse me sir! I-I can help, let me help! I'm really strong and I'm- sticky!" I yelled towards him. He had a crystal ball looking thing for his head. Maybe that was his head? I'm not exactly sure.

"I need you to lead to away from the canals!" he yelled back, turning back to fight the monster.

I flipped onto a roof to follow the mysterious guy, and jumped into action. Buildings were starting to collapse, so I swung towards them and tried to stick them back together.

They turned a corner and the monster struck a large bell tower, and it started to collapse. There were too many people around. And then I saw; Y/N and Ned were right below it, running away in fear.

"Aw come on!" I said, swinging onto the tower, and swinging around it, shooting webs at all the weak spots to keep it from falling. When that was finished, I swung myself up towards the bell, and took off my mask, looking for Y/N and Ned, and if they were okay. I couldn't find them.

When suddenly, I felt the tower begin to collapse again, this time with me inside. As it started to fall slowly, I shot two webs onto nearby structures on the side, but when it jolted quickly, and I hit my head on the bell, leaving a boing noise in the air. I lay down, groaning in pain. I was thrusted forward, and tried to stand up to get better balance, but hit my head again on the bell, breaking both my webs that were holding it up.

I shot two more webs and stood up, pushing the tower back upright. I yelled out as the tower continued to fall, until I looked and saw the green guy destroy the water. A large spray of water flew over me, and I lost the webs, letting the tower fall no too far from the ground.

Everyone started cheering for the guy who defeated the water, and within the cheers I saw Y/N and Ned, safe and sound. I breathed a sigh of relief, then realized...the necklace!!

I quickly and carefully took the necklace out of my backpack, and saw that it was still intact. Thank god.

I snuck around the tower and saw Y/N and Ned notice me and come running over. Y/N and I threw ourselves into a hug, as we both were out of breath from adrenaline.

"Are you okay?" I asked, pulling away and examining her. She had a few cuts, probably from flying debris from the destruction.

"I'm fine, Peter. I'm just glad you're okay," she said, kissing me. I kissed back, then turned to Ned.

"Dude, that was awesome! And terrifying! But, mostly awesome," Ned exclaimed. I chuckled a bit, thankful that everything was okay.

But, who was that guy?