Chapter 27: The End

Y/N's POV:

After many hours, Peter, Happy and I made it back to the Avengers Tower around nighttime. My dad was there waiting for us, and Nick Fury was with him. That's...odd.

We landed on the landing pad, and got out of the jet together. I was now wearing the broken necklace Peter gave me.

"Mr. Fury," Peter greeted. I nodded towards him.

"Parker, Stark. What you guys did out there together, taking down Beck and destroying the drones, that takes guts," he admitted. I smiled, knowing that I was a part of the fight.

"Y/N, you helped take down drones from the inside. Even though you were bound, you broke free and fought until you couldn't anymore. Parker, you single handedly took down Beck's illusion, managed to take him down and saved Y/N. You two are very spirited individuals. And even though Stark won't let me recruit you..." Fury said, leaning towards my dad.

"...it has been an honor to work with you. Maybe someday in the future," he said, and we shook hands.

"As for you, kid. Don't ever, ignore my calls again," he said, dead serious. I turned to Peter in confusion.

Oh. The unknown caller. I see.

"Heh, sorry about that," Peter said.

"Oh yeah. Peter...how long has Y/N known about you being Spiderman?" my dad asked suddenly.

"Uh...since we saved her from Loki?" Peter said hesitantly.

"...wow, okay. And Y/N?"

"He found out during the vacation. Fury kinda spilled the beans," I said, and Fury took a step back and shrugged.

"I guess it's good that you both know, but you need to not tell anyone, I'm sure I don't need to remind you of why since Beck tried to kill your friends. Use these secrets to protect each other," dad said, and walked away with Fury behind him.

"Where are you guys going?" I asked.

"Upstate. We have a mandatory meeting," Fury said. We both nodded and they boarded the jet.

Peter followed me inside and we both plopped down on the couch in the living space.

"So," he said.

"We did it," I breathed. Peter turned to look at me.

"I hate to ask. But, what did Beck do to you after I was taken?" I asked.

"I was run over by a train," he said calmly, taking it in.

"No...I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have been away from you," I said, feeling so much regret.

"Don't you dare be sorry. I should have kept you closer, than maybe we both wouldn't have been apart," he said, deep sorrow in his eyes.

"We survived," I said.

"We did," he said, and I cuddled up to him, thanking the universe for keeping him alive.

"So, what is it like to have Mr. Stark as your dad?" he asked suddenly. I laughed.

"He's tough, I'm sure you know, but he's my best friend. Besides you," I said, and he blushed.

"Are you sure you can't convince Mr. Stark to let you become an Avenger? You would be so amazing at it!" Peter said.

"I'm alright with just being me right now. And like Fury said, maybe someday in the future, that is what I will be ready for," I said, and he kissed my head.

"I love you," he whispered.

"I love you too," I said.

The End!