Chapter 20: More illusions

Peter and I groaned as we got up. My adrenaline was racing, but I felt so powerless compared to theses drones! They were completely manipulating reality!

"Y/N are you okay?!" Peter asked, but was cut short by the drones following us and continuing the illusions.

This illusion showed huge shards of glass falling around us, and showing our own reflection.

"I mean, look at yourselves," Beck said, and Peter and I reached out to ourselves in the mirrors. I felt a hand grab onto my wrist, and I heard a yell from Peter. Our reflections now had grabbed onto the real us.

All our reflections came out of the shards of glass, and pulled themselves on us. I breathed anxiously, praying that this would all end.

Dad, I'm sorry. Please find us.

"You're just a scared little kid in a sweatsuit. And you are just a helpless little girl, trying to follow in her dad's shadow," Beck voiced over, as suddenly the clones disappeared, and Peter and I were left standing there. He was in his first, home-made Spider-Man suit. I recognized it, when he showed it to me once. It was nothing compared to the suits he had now. I looked down to see myself in a mini Ironman suit.

This was all a horrible nightmare that needed to end now! Still, there was nothing Peter and I could do.

"I created Mysterio to give the world someone to believe in," Beck said, and the illusion changed to a dark abis, with Mysterio standing at the edge of it. He started firing lasers at us, and I ducked behind Peter, as he shot webs at him. Then, Mysterio vanished, and Peter's web attached to a crane, which was then launched at us.

Peter grabbed me and jumped sideways to the ground, to avoid getting hit.

"I control the truth! Mysterio is the truth! Deep down you know I'm right!" Beck yelled, and the illusion changed to us stuck in a snow globe, which was shown as Mysterio's helmet.

I did the only thing I could think of. I crawled over and cling to Peter, feeling his protective arms surround me. We were just two scared, helpless teenagers.

"You made your choice. All you had to do was step aside. And now, you ha—" Beck started to say, before I heard a loud bang. I flinched at the sound, but felt light get restored onto my face. I looked up from where I buried my head in Peter's lap, to see that we were back in the real world. Beck was standing in front of us, lifeless, as he fell to the ground, revealing a limping Nick Fury with a gun.

We were saved. Oh my god. We made it!

A wave of relief washed over me as I knew it was all over. Peter and I stood up and walked over to Fury, out of breath from panic.

"Beck's people...we're trying to find anyone who could expose him. Who did you guys tell?" Fury said. My facial expressions changed again.

I knew, this wasn't Nick Fury. Fury noticed my expression change, and I tried to stay calm.

The nightmare wasn't over just yet.

"I know you told someone. So just tell me..." he continued. I stayed silent, and Peter just looked out of touch with what just happened.

"Who did you tell? Who else did you tell?!" 'Fury' started to yell.

"Just our friend Ned! Maybe he told MJ and his girlfriend Betty but that's it!" Peter blurted. I turned and stared at him, as I heard Fury laugh.

No.

"PETER THATS NOT FUR—" I started to yell as I was suddenly dragged away from Peter, and blindfolded.

"Peter Help!!!" I yelled, but I felt myself being dragged away from them.

Peter's POV:

No! God, why am I so stupid!

I turned to Y/N as she was yelling to run, but she was suddenly gone, and another illusion started.

My only priorities have been to keep Y/N safe, and I failed her! I couldn't save her! Not yet.

"You...are so gullible," 'Fury' said. "I mean you're smart as a whip. Just a...sucker," he said, but the last word was in Beck's voice. This wasn't over yet!

I started to panic again. Where was Y/N?!?! I needed to get away from this.

"And now all you're friends have to die," Beck said, as the body of Fury turned to Beck trough the drone illusions.

"Oh my god!!" was all I could yell.

"Where's Y/N?!?!" I yelled, trying to gain confidence.

"I'm reuniting her with her dad before I kill them both," Beck told me, as I felt my heart drop. No, no!!!!

The bad guys don't win! They can't!

How am I going to get myself out of this?!

"It's easy to fool people when they're already fooling themselves. But for what it's worth Peter..." Beck started to say, as two drones next to him formed an illusion that scared me enough to back away from them.

"...I really am sorry," he said, and the illusions stopped. I stood for a second back in the real world in confusion, before it hit me.

I was on train tracks.

I didn't have enough time to look, but all I felt was immediate pain, as I knew I was just hit by a train.

The only thing I could remember, was Y/N's horrified face.