Chapter 2: His Plan

I checked my gate number: N5. I looked around me to see that I was around N26. Shit, I was kind of far. I grabbed my purse and made my way over there, while getting some looks. Why were people staring? It took me a moment to realize I was wear my dad's glasses. His iconic glasses.

I quickly took them off and stuffed them in my purse, hoping everyone would think they were knock offs.

I finally got to gate N5, and saw that we were flying to Venice Italy. I smiled and looked around at the seating areas. I spotted Mr. Harrington sleeping in a seat, surrounded by lots of empty seats. I couldnt find Peter though. He left earlier than me, so where was he? I suddenly felt a hand wrap around my waist and I spun around, ready to attack, when I came face to face with my favorite pair of brown eyes.

"Goccha," Peter said, smiling. I kissed him.

"You're so dumb sometimes," I lightheartedly joked. He laughed.

"Here I saved us some spots away from Mr. Harrington so he won't talk to us about his life," Peter said, taking my hand and leading me towards four empty seats. We covered the other two with our bags for Ned and MJ.

I leaned my head on Peter's shoulder as we sat there.

"This is gonna be so much fun!" I told him. He rested his head on mine as well.

"Yeah! I have this whole plan and every-" he started to say.

"What?" I asked. He looked away.

"Ah, nothing," he said, kissing my head.

"Aw you guys are so...yuck," a voice said, I identified it as MJ.

"Haha, you excited for Europe, Michelle?" I asked, perking my head up.

"I guess. Should be fun," she said, taking out a book. I heard someone panting and turned to see Ned.

"Hey-hey guys sorry. I got stopped at security because they thought my hat was a threat," Ned said, wearing his cowboy hat.

"Uh Ned, why are you bringing that?" Peter asked.

"It gives me confidence," Ned said, beaming. He sat down. "Plus, I'm going to be a bachelor in Europe. Europeans love Americans," he said. Peter and I exchanged looks.

"Really?" I asked, skeptical.

"Yeah totally and more than half of them are woman!" Ned exclaimed. We all chuckled a bit.

"Hey uh, Ned can I talk to you for a second?" Peter asked suddenly, getting up. Ned nodded and they walked away. Michelle and I exchanged suspicious glances.

"I wonder what they are gonna talk about," I said, looking for them.

"Probably you," she said bluntly. I turned back at her.

"What do you mean?" I asked, intrigued.

"Patience young Rodgers, all will be revealed," MJ said, as she returned to her book. I slumped down into my seat and pulled out my phone.

Peter's POV:

"Wait, what plan?" Ned asked me. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm explaining it! And you will need to listen and help me pull off the romance of this vacation," I whispered. Ned looked excited.

"Aw this is great. I'm good at romance," he said. I smiled.

"Okay, first, I'm going to sit next to Y/N on the plane. That's easy since we are already dating. Second, I'm going to buy a dual headphone adapter and watch movies with her the whole time. Three, when we get to Venice, Venice is super famous for making stuff out of glass, right? So I'm going to buy her a (favorite flower) necklace because, well, it's her favorite flower. Four, when we go to Paris, I'm going to take her to the top of the Eiffel Tower at night, give her the necklace, and then five, I'm going to kiss her," I stated, Ned nodding along.

"Alright dude sounds like a plan! What do you need my help for?" Ned asked.

"Making sure nothing gets in the way, please?" I asked. Ned nodded.

"As I am a great guy in the chair, I am also a great guy on the...ground?" he questioned. We laughed.

"Thank you Ned! And most importantly, don't tell Y/N okay? I want it to be a surprise," I said, staring him down.

"Okay Peter, I'll try," he said, putting a hand on my shoulder before walking back.

"Trying isn't good enough..." I whispered to myself.

Y/N POV:

Peter and Ned came back looking...happy? Why would Michelle say they were talking about me? Peter sat down next to me and looked at me.

"You okay?" he asked. I smiled.

"Yeah, I'm great," I said. Suddenly, Peter's phone started to buzz. He pulled it out of his pocket and I saw that it said 'Unknown'. He hung up and looked a bit anxious.

"Who was that?" I asked.

"Oh, just a wrong number probably," he said, and I shrugged and cuddled back into him.

After a couple more minutes, we boarded the plane and Peter and I sat next to each other, while Ned, MJ and Betty sat to the side of us.

"Hey Y/N, do you uh, wanna watch something?" Peter asked, pulling out a dual headphone adapter. I smiled.

"Yeah! What do you got?" I asked, pulling out my headphones.

"Uh, Star Wars?" he said. My face lit up.

"Uh, YEAH!" I exclaimed. Peter took out a blanket too, and put it around both of our legs. A voice came on overhead saying that the flight would be 8 hours and 49 minutes, meaning we could watch 3 whole movies! The lights dimmed as we were ready for take off. I snuggled up to Peter as the movie started.