Chapter 12: Fire Elemental

Peter and I changed into our suits in an alleyway. Mine was a lot like black widows suit, just with a mask similar to the party mask I wore before. Peter's suit was like his Spiderman suit, but it was covered in black fabric. He still looked amazing in it.

"Alright, go! You got to get into your position!" I said, as I had a good view of the main part of the carnival from the ground. Without a word, he turned me around and kissed me.

"Be safe," he told me. Putting his mask back down.

"I will. And you better be safe too!" I added. He nodded and swung away. A few seconds later, I saw him crouched on top of a building, in position.

"I'm in position," I said into my suits microphone.

"I am too," Peter's voice said.

"You two, look for any signs of it coming, and let us know when it is here. You know what to do from there," Fury said on the other line. I took a deep breath. This was insane! Here I was, in a suit, in an alleyway, just waiting for action.

It was hard to get a good look around, since there were people absolutely everywhere. I wasn't even sure what I was looking for. Just, something out of the ordinary I guess. But, there was something haunting me.

These people. They all walked by me, not even batting an eye. They were just focused on having a good time. They had no idea what was about to happen. It hurt me that I couldn't convince anyone to get out of here. But, I knew that once it came, it would be mine and Peter's job to try and save people from it, so that's exactly what I would do.

Just then, I noticed out of the corner of my eye, a lot of steam coming from a statue. Why was steam coming from...wait. That's not steam.

That's smoke.

"Guys...I think it's here," I said to my mic.

"Yep. Energy spiking," Fury said.

"We have seismic activity," Hill said. My heart beat wildly in my chest. This was it.

I watched as lava broke through the concrete, and began to curl up the statue, and finally, it burst, forming the elemental. People started to scream and run away. I lept into action, moving people out of the way.

"Okay he's here! Beck, are you ready?" I heard Peter call.

"On your lead, Spiderman," Beck called back.

I helped people who had fallen, get up and get to safety, when I noticed the monster going for a metal pole.

"No you don't," I yelled, running into it's line of sight. It's eyes caught me and I watched it's hand getting closer to me, I ran and dodged the blow, but falling because of debris. I got up quickly and saw the elemental destroying anything in its path. I ran back over to its line of sight, when Beck appeared beside me.

"Good work kid, keep going, I'll hold him off!" he yelled, over the monster's roars. I nodded and ran towards more people who were stuck underneath debris, and got them away from it.

"You're up, kid," I heard Beck say to Peter. I looked up to see Peter had lept into action. He stuck to the side of a building, and shot a web onto a fire hydrant. When Beck got the elemental close, he pulled and the hydrant broke, spewing water onto the elemental.

It caused a heap of a smoke cloud, and I started to cough. I took cover in a small alleyway, and looked everywhere who anyone who was not clear of the area.

The elemental caught sight of Peter and went to punch him. My heart dropped, but thankfully Peter flipped out of the way. Jesus. How do superhero's do this? Get themselves in danger, and watch people get themselves into danger.