🤢sick🤢 Ishimaru x Reader *OLD*

The only real trigger is vomiting

Before you ask, the Y/N does not have covid. But it may be very similar due to the fact my grandma got a positive covid case. So I may have biased the sickness you have is probably inspired off of it somewhere in my psyche.

-LAST UPDATED SEPTEMBER 9TH 2020-

-story start-

You woke up, your alarm sounding even louder then normal. You had a pounding headache, not only that, you felt extremely hot. You tried to sit up, but the pounding in your head became unbearable. You decided, it was in your best interest to text someone, and ask them for some medicine, maybe even soup. Oh and notes, that too.
You opened your phone, immediately turning your brightness down to the lowest it could go. You scrolled through your contacts, none of them lived close to you. The one you knew would be willing to do it lived maybe 3 blocks away though. You sighed, and opened up Ishimaru's contact. Knowing that, he would definitely be awake by this time.

"Hey, could you get the notes for me. I'm sick 😭."

He responded, almost immediately, like he always does.

"Yes I will! Please stay home as to assure a good recovery! Also, how sick are you?"

You, with shaky hands text back.

"I have a pounding headache, and I feel really hot and nauseous."

He, within seconds texted back.

"I'll ask my father to pick up some medicine! I'll be over after school with the notes!"

"Thank you 😭😭😭!"

"You're welcome!"

"If I don't answer the door, just let yourself in."

"Alright, see you after school!"

You sat your phone down, and decided that you should try to drink some water. You sat up again, and realized how bad of an idea that was. The nausea in your stomach slowly trickled your body, causing you to run to the bathroom and throw up. After flushing the toilet. You decided that, walking back to your bedroom was not a good idea, and passed out in the bathroom.

You woke up to the sound of the bathroom door opening.

"L/N! Are you ok?"

You gave him a point blank, thumbs down.

"I passed out in here, at like 6:00 this morning."

You said in between coughs. He leaned you over his shoulder, taking all initiative to walk you back to your bed

"At least you chose a Friday to get sick."

He sat you back down on your bed. With you, automatically falling down onto it. He propped up your pillow to try to sooth your cough.

He sat a small bag right next to him, and pulled out some medicine.

"My dad just pulled some of this out of the house. So it'll be a little old."

"That's fine."

He put the back of his hand up to your forehead.

"you're burning up!"

He grabbed a thermometer, and took your temperature.

"103° (39.4° Celsius)! No wonder you passed out!"

He left the room for a second. He came back with a towel and placed it on your forehead. You let out a relieved sigh as the cold water hit your forehead.

"Forget the notes, I think the status of your illness is more worrying."

He grabbed a bottle of what seemed like a bottle of what seemed to be cough syrup. He poured it into the cap and handed it to you. You would usually reject cough syrup just for the taste alone. But you gulped it for no other reason then that your throat felt like sand paper.

"My dad is fine with me staying the night. And honestly, with the state of your illness. I think I'll just sleep on the couch."

You tried to tell him that you where fine alone, but you knew he wouldn't listen. It was around 5:00 when he arrived. You chugged a bottle of Water, ate some soup, and passed out an hour later.

You woke up a couple hours later, around 8:00 PM. Feeling, a little bit better, but not by much. Your headache had relieved it's self, but that was about it. Your fever felt about the same, maybe even a little worse.
You let out quite possibly the worst cough of your life. Followed by your headache going back to the same unbearable pounding. Ishimaru walked back in, only to find you in about the same state.

"L/N, I think we should go to the hospital!"

You shook your head.

"No, I'm fine-"

You said as you passed out from the fever.

You woke up in the hospital, an I.V pouring fluid into your body. You felt better, you looked over to find that Ishimaru panicking while looking over the notes. He liked to look at them when he got worried. You looked over, to see you awake.

"Good morning L/N."

He didn't even yell?

"Excuse my language, but what the hell happened?"

He sighed.

"Well, you got the flu, but it got so bad that your fever spiked at 105° (40.6°)."

You looked at your I.V tube.

"I would have brought you sooner if I saw how pale you were."

You laughed, and thanked him for bringing you in the first place.

"L/N? I know your parents are out of town. Should you tell them?"

You sighed.

"Later! They'll rush home like I got shot or something!"

He stood up and checked the time on his watch.

"Well, it's 1:00 AM. I should get home."

You looked at him, shocked he had stayed up anywhere passed 8:30. He looked as tired as someone could be before passing out.

"Okay! Stay safe!"

He waved at you as he walked out the door

-word count 956-