•Get the brat•

The alarm buzzed, failing every attempt to wake Aryan up.

His eyes were still shut, with no interest in waking up, he threw the phone that buzzed with loud noises on the hard floor, breaking it.

In the war between his alarm and him, he successfully won and fell back asleep.

A middle aged lady entered his room and observed an half- asleep Aryan and the mess- called his room.

She shook herself and started cleaning up, putting the clothes and items  back in places.

Tina took a deep breathe,  preparing  herself to wake him up. Hard job! Very hard indeed.

She shook Aryan chanting "wake up kid", her glow disappeared when she saw the white-coat under the comforter, which Aryan was clutching onto.

She gave up, walked outside and sent Aryans elder brother instead.

"WAKE UP" Abhishek yelled, as he entered the room.

Aryan shot up, surprised and little shook due to the sudden shouting.

"What?"Aryan yawned.

"Go freshen up. You have work" Abhishek reminded, making Aryan groan.

Abhishek too noticed the coat on his aunt's hand, she was folding the coat her hear hung low.

"He should share, if he misses his mother, we can't take her place but at least ...." she sighed disappointingly.

The harder, Aryans family tried to settle an attachment  with him, fill the void, the more he pushed  them away.

"Give him some time more" Abhishek shrugged. "Maybe he still hesitates to open up specially when he is sad" Abhishek muttered.

"He has a very busy schedule today right?" Tina asked worriedly.

"Yeah. I asked Dad not to keep the meeting but he can't think about anything else than his profit" Abhishek ranted.

The two sighed and left the room after a while.

Aryan brushed his teeth, did the morning chores. He took his clothes off and stood in front of the shower.

The stained body getting drenched, he washed his body and hair and came out of the shower.

He walked out to find an outfit on his bed, which he changed into.

Simple black shirt and nut-brown jeans, he threw the towel on the bed, took his belongings and left the room.

He walked downstairs, saw almost all the family members- dressed up for their work.

Waiting to bid him.

His brother decided to acompany Aryan to the airport, look after him.

"You don't have to come with me you know, I can handle it by myself" Aryan said gulping down water from the flask.

"Yeah leave you alone at the airport" Abhishek scoffed.

"That's offending" Aryan said dramatically and chuckled.

Abhishek laughed.

That was it! An awkward silence fell between them. Their bond was surprisingly formal, though they were blood-brothers. 

The main reason behind this formality-with his own family was the fact that he moved to a boarding school at a very young age, with his parents. Leaving the joint-family.  

The attempt was to make him-interested in education like everyone in his family. Or at least bring manners, it backfired! 

Aryan's mother was the Principal of the boarding institution, too young to stay away from mother, he stayed away. And with death of his mother, attachment with the friends he made, he never went back.Nor his father preferred it.