Chapter One

*At the Dupain-Cheng bakery*

"Thank you! Have a nice day!" Tom Dupain said, "Enjoy your croissants!"

" Phew!" Sabine Cheng said, "That's the last of the croissants, let's go make another batch of them, she said to Tom, "Marinette!" She yelled, "Time to get ready for school!" Just then, the mayor walked into the bakery.

"Hello? Is anyone there? I'd like a huge order of croissants," he said.

Tom walked in and saw the Mayor, "Can I help you, Sir?" He asked him.

"Yes, I want some croissants," he said rather rudely.

"I'm sorry Mr. Mayor," Tom said apologetically, "We just ran out of croissants," He motioned to the kitchen, "But my wife is making another batch. You could wait, but that would take a long time, so would you like a muffin instead?"

"No thanks," he said.

Marinette came walking downstairs, "Papa, Mama! I'm heading off to school! Oh hey, Mr. Mayor! Hey Papa, I'm going off to school, bye!"

"You're going to school early, that's a change"

"Papa!" Marinette whined, "I'm trying to be early today," then she laughed, " See you later Papa! Love you!" Marinette walked out of the bakery and Sabine walked in.

"Hey Tom, the croissants will be ready in about thirty minutes, *A/N: I actually have no idea how long it takes to make croissants but this is just for the sake of the story* I have to go make other pastries and stuff, see you later honey," she planted a small kiss on his lips and left. The Mayor suddenly took out his phone.

"Zero stars for being unprofessional and for not providing food to customers when they ask for it," he said. Then he added, "Especially to the mayor."

Sabine was standing there, overhearing their conversation, she walked in, infuriated, " Are you giving us a bad review just because we're a family-owned business?"

"Why no of course not!" The mayor denied, "I'm shutting down this bakery, I've always felt bakeries were too old-fashioned, I'm thinking of a frozen yogurt place! Of course, you can't live in this house anymore since I own it now!"

"Not if I have anything to say about it you little-"

"Now now my love," Tom nervously chuckled," Let's not make Mayor Bourgeois any more upset then he already is," He turned around and glared at the mayor, eyes full of hate, " And I think you've hurt our family enough." Recalling the years when Chloé was tormenting and bullying Marinette.

"I'm not responsible for how my daughter acts-" He got cut off by Tom slamming the door in his face. Tom then sat down with his wife at the table.

"I'll make us some tea to cool down."

"Thanks, Tom," Sabine said, " It's just so all of a sudden. Remember when we just got married and the first thing we wanted to do was open our very own bakery?" She chuckled, " And we spent days on finding a name for it.

Tom smiled, " And then several years later, a baby came and completed our family." suddenly their smiles vanished from their faces.

"What are we going to tell Marinette?"