Chapter Twenty Three

After Heartbreaker's defeat, Gabriel had sent Lila home, making her promise that she wouldn't tell anyone that he and Nathalie were Hawk Moth and Mayura. Nathalie looked at Gabriel, "Sir, are you certain that she will keep our secret? She's known for starting rumors."

"Yes Nathalie," Gabriel said, "That's all they are. Rumors ." He said as he placed a hand on her shoulder, "We're safe." Then he smiled, "And please, I've known you for a while now, call me Gabriel."

Nathalie blushed slightly, who was this man and what had he done with Gabriel Agreste? "Thank you, Gabriel." She said, trying the first name out, "So what is your plan now?"

Gabriel frowned, "I'm not sure I have a plan. Miss Rossi was supposed to help." He sighed, "I just feel like this whole thing is too much. Akumatizing my son's crush because we kept him here hit too close to home." He sat down on the couch.

Nathalie sat next to him, "Do you want to stop?"

"I don't know anymore." He looked up at her, "I started akumatizing people to get Emilie back, but terrorizing all of Paris? She wouldn't like that at all." He sighed and took off his tie, "Nooroo, I renounce-'' He reached for his brooch, it wasn't there.

"Gabriel, are you okay?" Nathalie asked worriedly.

"My Miraculous, it's gone!" He frantically searched around the couch to see if it had fallen.

Nathalie gasped as she stood up and searched her chest, "My Miraculous is gone as well!" They both looked at each other, remembering what had happened earlier...

Flashback

"Nooo!" Hawk Moth said as a white butterfly flew back to his lair. The window closed as he detransformed, "Dark Wings fall." He looked at Nathalie, "Another failure." He turned to Lila, "I'm sorry Miss Rossi, but I'm gonna have to ask you to head home now." Then he added, "And you mustn't tell anyone what you saw today."

"I promise." She lightly punched him in the chest.

"Ouch! What was that for?"

"It's a thing teenagers do, but you wouldn't understand that, old man." She said as she slipped the butterfly miraculous into a hidden pocket.

"I'll walk Miss Rossi to the door." Nathalie said as the two of them used the elevator to come up to Gabriel's office. At the door, Lila swiftly stuck her foot out, tripping Nathalie.

"Oh my gosh! I am so sorry!" Lila said as she helped Nathalie up. She used her foot to slide the peacock miraculous close to her, "Bye!" She said as she walked outside.

End of flashback

They looked at each other, fear written all over their faces, "She has them.

***

Lila was sitting on her bed and took out the two Miraculous she had stolen. A bright flash of purple and blue shone, "Did you tell him you love him? Did you? Did you? Did-" Dussu stopped as she saw who was in front of Nooroo and her. "You're not Nathalie?"

Nooroo gasped as he realized who that was, "Dussu, we're not home-"

"I am Lila Rossi, and I am your new master."

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.

So, is Lila the new Hawk Moth? Or will she use her powers for good?

No. This is LILA we're talking about, who knows what kind of damage she will bring to Paris? So, Gabriel and Nathalie's career as Hawk Moth and Mayura has ended? Or will they get the Miraculous back? IDK I'm still thinking.

- Midnight🦋❤️🦚

P.S. I know that Lila seems so short in the picture above, so how can she punch him in the chest? But this is a fanfiction people! How else is she supposed to get his Miraculous?