Chapter Thirty One

"Argh!!!!!!!!!!!" Lila exclaimed as she flopped on her bed.

"Miss? Are you-" Nooroo started before Lila magically shut his mouth.

"Shut up!" She yelled at the tiny kwami, "You wouldn't understand!"

Dussu, who was quietly sitting in the corner, flew up and placed a hand on Lila's cheek, "You can tell me, you know. I'll listen."

Lila stopped raging for a bit, 'Is this what it feels like to be loved?' She took in the kwami's embrace before a voice in her mind spoke, 'No Lila. You can't afford to be soft.' Dad. She hadn't heard his voice inside of her head since... since he left...

Flashback

Eight year old Lila had come down to get a glass of water when she heard arguing in the kitchen. She peeked her head in, just enough that she could see them, but they couldn't see her. Her mom was sitting on the kitchen stool, head in her hands. She was crying, "Fine! Leave! See if I care!"

"Fine! I will!" Her dad stood up straight and went upstairs to go pack his bags.

Lila walked in, confused, "Mommy?" She asked, rubbing her eyes, "Where is Daddy? And why are you crying?"

Lila's mom looked up and smiled a painful smile, "Nothing Lila-Boo. Just go back to sleep." She patted her daughter on her shoulder.

"Hah. See! You can't protect your daughter from the real world forever! She can't afford to be soft like you!" Her dad said. He had a suitcase next to him. He placed a firm hand on Lila's shoulder, "I'm leaving this house and never coming back again because I hate you! Both your mother and you!"

"Robert no!"

"Why? She deserves to know the truth."

Lila's eye's were brimming with tears, "Why do you hate us, Daddy?"

Lila's dad didn't say anything, he just put on his coat and opened the front door. He walked out with his suitcase and turned around to glare at Lila, "Don't call me your Daddy." He got in his car and drove away, leaving Lila and her mom.

That day, Lila made a promise to herself that she would never, ever, go soft.

End of Flashback

"Go away." She shooed Dussu away, "I don't need your pity."

"But Miss-" Dussu started.

"Quiet! You will only speak when spoken to!" Dussu backed away and flew to her spot on Lila's shelf. Lila was so angry right now, she could've been akumatized if she wasn't already L'ombra. She punched her pillow in frustration. This day couldn't get any worse. When she woke up this morning, her mom had gone off for a work trip. When she got to school, she saw her crush and one of the girls she despises, kissing and holding hands. That afternoon, she had gotten detention for lying, and guess who tattled, 'That Marinette. She's just as bad as Ladybug. Not to mention they both wear pigtails. So childish. They both have huge crushes on Adrien Agreste and they both, for some reason, hate me. Wait. Marinette is never there when there's an akuma attack... and I've never seen her take off her earrings...' She smiled evilly, "Actually, there is something you can do for me..."

***

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Yes. I have waited way too long to tell him." He reached for the door but stopped, "What if he hates me for it? I haven't exactly been the best father ever."

Nathalie sighed, "I know we've made some terrible choices in the past, and he won't forget that. But, he deserves to know." She took his hand which made him gasp slightly, "We're looking towards a new future. Who we were as... our past selves, we're not them anymore."

"But it took Lila for me to realize that. I was willing to akumatize someone so close to Adrien, just so that I could get Emilie back. In fact, I think I moved on from her a long time ago..." He turned to face her, face turning a dark shade of pink as he put his other hand on top of her's, "Nathalie, I-"

"Sir?" Nathalie interrupted, drawing her hand back, "We have to tell him quickly, it's getting late."

"R-right." 'She's calling me sir again. Did I move too fast? Did I do something wrong?' He pushed open the door reluctantly, "Adrien?"

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

Hey y'all! Rewatching Miraculous again and I realized something, Pound It! takes place two years after, so technically, they'd all be seventeen. Just wanted to give you a heads up so that when I change it, no one is confused. Also, had no idea what to do for the pic so as Persassy would say...

 Also, had no idea what to do for the pic so as Persassy would say

Bye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IDK why I'm publishing this crappy chapter, but whatever.

- Midnight 😸