Chapter Sixteen

"You've miserably attempted many times to akumatize angry or frustrated adults, but teenagers have the strongest emotions." Lila went on, "I just heard that your son-"

"My son? We can't akumatize him." Gabriel interrupted.

"Okay fine, works either way." Lila said, she held up her phone, "I just received a text from Chloé Bourgeois that said that your son just asked his crush out on a date."

"Really!?" Both Nathalie and Gabriel said.

"Uh- I mean, why do I care about my son's love life?" Gabriel said.

Lila groaned. Villain or no villain, he was still a father. "Because, if you prevent him from going on it, she will feel stood up, and then you will have the strongest feeling of all. Heartbreak."

"Okay, and what is this girl's name?" Nathalie asked

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng. The daughter of the people who own the bakery."

"Okay, I will inform him immediately." Nathalie said as she sent a message to Adrien.

Nathalie: Adrien, because of the recent akumatizations, our house will be on full lockdown. No more going out except for your photoshoots and school. Come back home immediately after your photoshoot.

Adrien: Okay. ☹️

"There," Nathalie said once she was finished with the message, "Now we just have to wait for Miss Dupain-Cheng."

"Excellent." Lila said with an evil smile on her face.

***

"I thought you loved Ladybug?" Plagg asked, "And now you're asking out Marinette?"

"Ladybug never gave me a chance," Adrien said. He had excused himself to the restroom so he could talk to his Kwami, "But Marinette is willing to go on a date with me! But am I betraying my Lady if I go out with Marinette?" He groaned in frustration, "Everything is so confusing! Plagg, why can't they just be the same person?"

"I don't see why not." Plagg whispered under his breath.

"Huh?"

"I said, go get her! What are you waiting for? She's not going to keep you in line, you know, she can date other people like Luka Couffaine and Chat Noir."

"I wouldn't mind her dating Chat Noir, but Luka? I can't let that happen!"

"Are you done with your dramatics?" Plagg said, "You should just enjoy your date with Marinette and-"

Adrien got a message on his phone, "It's from Nathalie, she said that our house is on full lock down because of the recent akumatizations and that I am not to go anywhere except school and my photoshoots." He texted a reply back.

"Now how're you going to go on your date?" Plagg asked, "You're not allowed to go out of the house now,"

"Yeah, but Chat Noir is."

"Using your powers for personal reasons isn't good, Adrien," Plagg reminded him.

"Since when did you become my father?" Adrien asked, then he sighed, "I guess you're right though, I'll have to tell Marinette," He exited the bathroom.

"Just don't overthink it Kid, she'll understand."

"Yeah, you're right." Adrien said, but that was not at all what he was thinking. 'What if she thinks that I changed my mind, or that I hate her! What if she feels stood up and hates me?! I can't let that happen. I've tried so hard to make sure no romantic feelings come between us but sometimes, I just can't help it. And now that I've asked her out, our beautiful friendship is on the brink of breaking. But I can't become Chat Noir, could I? No. That would be selfish. I'll have to try sneaking out without transforming so I can still go on our date. Yeah, that would work.'