Chapter Eighteen

"Uh girl, it's raining outside, are you sure going out right now is the best idea?" Alya asked, staring out the window.

"I take the rain as a good sign." Marinette said, cheerfully, "I first fell in love with Adrien in the rain." She took out her lucky black umbrella out, "This is the umbrella he gave to me that day. Strangely, he's never asked for it back."

Alya grinned, "I had forgotten how romantic your love story is."

Marinette blushed, "C'mon Alya, you have to go home soon." She stopped, "And should something happen to me? Can you take care of the Miraculous for me?"

"Yes." Alya hugged her best friend, "If it comes to that." They walked outside.

"Bye!" Marinette said as Alya walked home. Then she started to walk in the direction of the pasta place. When she finally arrived, she noticed that Adrien wasn't there. Was he running late? Or was his father keeping him inside because of the rain? No, she would've gotten a text from him saying so. From a dark corner of her thoughts, a voice spoke, 'Maybe he's just toying with me. Maybe he's not really coming.'

"Hey Marinette!"

She turned around to see Luka waving at her. Ugh. Like she needed another boy right now, "I don't want to talk to you right now."

Luka frowned as he walked closer to her, "Did I do something wrong?"

"No..." Marinette said, then she started to ramble, "It's just that I was supposed to have my first date with Adrien tonight but he hasn't showed up and I'm starting to think he's just messing with me!" She smiled. Luka had listened to every crazy word she had said without saying a word back. He was just as good as calming her down as Chat Noir. She turned around slowly, "Thanks for always being there for me Luka, I'm gonna go home now-" She gasped and buried her face in Luka's chest. His arms around her tightened. Marinette had just seen Adrien holding Kagami in a dip and kissing her.

Adrien's eyes landed on Marinette, then they widened. He broke away from the kiss. "I-it's not what it looks like! I was just-"

"I know exactly what it looks like!" Marinette said, turning to face him. Her usually content, bluebell eyes were now shrouded in hatred. She took her umbrella and ran away from them. Suddenly, her vision went black.

"Heartbreaker, I am Hawk-"

"No!" Marinette screamed, "I will not let you akumatize me!" She said, thinking about Alya and the Miracle Box.

"But he broke your heart!" Hawk Moth cooed, "What better way to get justice then to break everyone else's hearts? In return, I want Ladybug and Chat Noir's Miraculous."

Marinette started to reach up to take off her earrings when a voice shouted out, "Marinette! No!" Alya had been secretly spying on them. No way was she going to miss Marinette's first date with Adrien! In one swift motion, Alya removed Marinette's earrings and kept them safely in her shirt pocket. A tear rolled down her cheek, her fears were coming true!

'Sorry Mama, sorry Papa, sorry Alya, sorry Tikki,' "Yes Hawk Moth." 'Sorry Chat Noir.' Black and purple bubbles surrounded her turning her into Heartbreaker. Her skin turned pink and she wore a long-sleeved black dress that went all the way down to her ankles. She had a red belt with a black broken heart in the center. She was wearing a tiara with a black broken heart on it as well. Instead of Adrien's lucky charm necklace, she wore a necklace with a black broken heart pendant. And her weapon was the black umbrella.

 And her weapon was the black umbrella