Chapter Twenty Six

"Surreality, I am L'ombra. I will give you the power to create illusions that I will specifically tell you to make." L'ombra said to a random citizen, "In exchange for this power, you will give me all of the Miraculous."

"Just one question. Why would I do this ?"

L'ombra was surprised, how did Hawk Moth akumatize people so fast? "You will do this for me because I will give you any Miraculous you desire." She bribed.

"Even Chat Noir's?!!!" The voice said, excitedly.

L'ombra sighed, "Yes. Even Chat Noir's." Who knew she was dealing with another one of those Chat Noir fanboys.

"Okay L'ombra." Surreality said as he was surrounded by purple bubbles. The pen that the akuma had flown into, had become a sort of a staff. When he pointed his staff at something, it changed into something else, "Seriously cool!"

"Focus. You need to make an illusion of Marinette Dupain-Cheng detransforming in front of Ladybug and Chat Noir." L'ombra smiled evilly. She knew how close Marinette was to both Chat Noir and Ladybug, this would be the perfect way to get back at all three of them.

Surreality created the illusion of Marinette as L'ombra and his behind a tree to control the illusion, "Ladybug! Chat Noir! I am L'ombra! If you want to spare Paris from my wrath, you'll give me all of the Miraculous!" Ladybug and Chat Noir were hiding behind the nearby statue, no doubt coming up with a plan, 'They won't know what hit them.' When Ladybug and Chat Noir came and confronted L'ombra, he made her run away. Only to have her identity revealed.

"Marinette?"

"Marinette!?" Ladybug said, "No way that's Marinette. I'm right he- er, I'm sure it's an illusion!"

"How would you know?"

"She doesn't! Don't listen to her, Chaton! She never even gave you a chance!" Illusion Marinette said.

Ladybug glared at her, "I know for a fact that you're not Marinette." She lunged at the illusion, toppling it over. But instead of disappearing like Volpina's illusions, the fake Marinette stayed solid, "Hmm. Maybe you're akumatized..." She took the purse off and ripped the string, releasing an akuma from it, "No more evildoing for you, little akuma." She captured the akuma and purified it. "Bye-bye little butterfly!' She removed the mirror from her yo-yo and started to throw it when Chat stopped her.

"Wait! Something's wrong." He said, "It doesn't feel right."

Purple bubbles surrounded Marinette and in her place lay, "Lila Rossi?"

"Lila Rossi?! Why her?" L'ombra said nervously.

"Because I know she hates Marinette and Ladybug." Surreality said, he was having way too much fun with this.

"Destroy the illusion." 'I can't have my identity compromised.'

Surreality made the illusion of Lila disappear, leaving a very confused Ladybug and Chat Noir, "Okay Chat, I'll take her home- aah!" Lila had disappeared from her hands and vanished into the atmosphere, "An illusion." She said, stretching her empty fingers.

Chat frowned, "But she was solid. If she were an illusion, wouldn't she have glimmered away?"

"Maybe Hawk Moth really did get smarter. I mean, even we were fooled." Ladybug laughed nervously, 'Why me though? I'm just a normal girl, with a normal life. Besides being Ladybug of course, but they don't know that!' She thought.

"There must be another villain around here somewhere." Chat scanned the area around them and spotted (No pun intended ;D) a figure running from the trees, "There!" He pointed at Surreality and both of them chased after him, moving perfectly in sync with each other.