Chapter Nineteen

"Okay, Tikki, Spots Off!" Coccinelle said as she detransfrormed into Alya, "Okay, so where's the Miracle box?' Tikki pointed under Marinette's bed. Alya searched under her bed, under piles and piles of blankets, she found it. A round ladybug-spotted oval box. Alya groaned, "I need to teach this girl some hiding tricks, What if we went on a sleepover and we needed extra sheets and..." Her voice cracked, not thinking about the weight on her shoulders was hard.

"Alya? Are you okay?" Tikki asked, worried.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Alya said, she took a deep breath, 'I have to stay strong. For the Miraculous. For Paris. For Marinette.' "I need Nino." She said, holding up the turtle Miraculous. "Tikki, Spots On!" Coccinelle emerged from Marinette's room and jumped from roof to roof to find Nino.

***

Nino was sitting on a bench in the park, listening to his headphones when he noticed a familiar flash of black and red pass by. "Hey Lady-bug...?" The girl who currently stood in front of him had a ladybug-themed suit, but she definitely wasn't Ladybug. "Who are you?" Then he gasped, "Are you akumatized?" He shielded his face with his hands, "Don't hurt me!" He squeaked.

Coccinelle laughed at her boyfriend's cuteness, "If I was akumatized, do you think I would be handing you the turtle Miraculous?" She held out the bracelet.

Nino carefully took the Miraculous and put it on his wrist, "But if you aren't Ladybug, who are you?"

"Ladybug was sick today, so I'm using her Miraculous."

Nino frowned, "And why should I believe that you didn't just steal it?"

Coccinelle rolled her eyes. Then groaned. After all, she was the one who told him to be careful around everyone. "I know you in real life Nino Lahiffe," She sighed, "Best friend of Adrien Agreste, boyfriend of Alya Césaire, temporary holder of the turtle Miraculous."

"Fine, I'll trust you." They hid somewhere so that Nino could transform, "Wayzz, Shell On!" Carapace said.

"Lucky Charm!" Coccinelle received a black and red spotted rope, "A rope?" She shrugged, "Oh well, I'll find some use for it.

He and Coccinelle ran out of the building and met up with Chat Noir. "Nice to see you again Dude! How did your date go?"

Chat just looked down, "I'd rather not talk about it."

"Date?" Coccinelle asked, "I thought you liked Ladybug?"

"I do! It's just- this other girl is amazing too."

Carapace saved his friend from talking about his horrific date, "Uh, so who got akumatized again?"

Both Chat Noir and Coccinelle didn't seem like they wanted to talk about it, but Chat Noir spoke, "Marinette Dupain-Cheng."

Carapace didn't know how to react to this. Marinette was one of his best friends and the love interest of Adrien, so he understood how Chat felt. "Okay," He said. The sooner they got this done, the sooner his best friend could be happy again. "So how do we find her?"

"Heartbreaker was last seen going to the Trocadéro." Coccinelle said.

"Heartbreaker?" Carapace asked, then he looked at Chat's expression, "Oh. Let's go then." The three superheroes leaped over the rooftops to get to the Trocadéro.

***

"I hate you! Why would I go on a date with you? I love John, not you!"

Chat Noir looked at the woman screaming at her supposed boyfriend. His nightmare was slowly coming true! And for Luka to comfort Marinette because of him? That was just wrong.