Chapter Six

"Dude, are you okay?" Nino asked his best friend, Adrien, "You're doodling girls with dark pigtails" Adrien looked at his paper and blushed. He definitely drew a girl with dark pigtails and little hearts around the girl. Ladyb- no, her face wasn't covered, she was wearing a jacket, and had a little sling purse with a fancy M. "Dude, That's Marinette!" He covered it with his hands shielding it from a certain someone, "No way dude! You like Marinette!"

"Shhhhhhhh!" Adrien said, blushing hard. Had he really just drawn a picture of Marinette?

Nino squealed like a fangirl, "My boy's got a crush! Adrinette forever!"

"Huh? Adrinette?" He said confused, then he realized, "Oh no, I don't like Marinette like that! She's just a fr-fri-rie-" He couldn't make out the words.

"Crush?" Nino prompted, "C'mon dude, just go up to her and ask her on a date. Look at how well Alya and I turned out!"

"Well, Ladybug didn't lock me in a panther cage with Marinette," Adrien pointed out.

"Okay yeah, so we're special, but that doesn't mean that you guys can't be!"

"Look, Marinette might not even like me," Adrien said disappointed.

"Dude," Nino mentally facepalmed, "Have you seen her room? It's full of pictures of you, with little hearts around them too!"

"She's a fashion designer, my dad's her idol, it makes sense to have pictures of his son for inspiration,"

"Now you're just trying to convince yourself otherwise, she really likes you, why can-"

Adrien started to listen to the news to drown out his friend's crazy thoughts, he couldn't really have a crush on Marinette, could he? His heart belonged to his Lady, right? But she was so nice to him, and forgave him for the gum incident! She always knew how to cheer people up, and she could put up with two of the meanest girls in Paris! He looked at his drawing again, he drew hearts around her, hearts! He then knew the only person he could trust with this was Ladybug. She'd never really liked him anyway, so why should she care if he likes another girl? Nadja Chamack started to talk about Ladybug and him, interrupting his thoughts, "Don't be bemused, it's just the news! I'm here at the Eiffel Tower where Ladybug and Chat-," she stopped, Adrien wondered what was happening, then Najdia's tone of voice changed, " What are you camera people doing?" She yelled, " I hate news and I hate people!" Huh? Nadja loves people. There must be an akuma attack.

Marinette raised her hand, "Miss, may I go to the bathroom?"

"Of course Marinette" Marinette rushed out of the room.

Adrien needed to transform, he raised his hand too, "May I go as well, Miss?"

"Okay, Adrien" Miss Bustier said.

Adrien rushed to the boys' bathroom to transform, "Plagg, did you hear that? That's not at all like Najdia."

"Oh, c'mon Kid." Plagg whined, "Just this once can I sit this one out?"

"Come on lazy kwami," Adrien teased, "Plagg, Claws Out!"

As Ladybug stepped out of the bathroom, she noticed Chat coming out of the boys' bathroom, "Where did you come from Chaton?" Could he be a student at this school like her?

"The air vent in the boys' bathroom," Chat smoothly lied, "And you Bugaboo?" He said as he stepped closer to her.

"O-oh." she stammered, "Me too!" she covered up.

Chat raised an eyebrow, "You were in the boys' bathroom, M'lady?"

"Of course not silly kitty," She flicked his bell, "You know what I meant," She suddenly got an alert on her bugphone, she opened it and read, " Mayor Bourgeois just sold all his property and gave it to the city of Paris to help the poorer citizens in need."

"Wow! I like this new side of the Mayor!" Chat grinned, "He must have gotten rid of Chloé!"

"Ha. You wish. No, it looks like something else, look at this footage," She showed the Nadja video again, "Something looks like it sank into her shoulder." She zoomed in on the video, "See? It's some sort of photo," She zoomed in more, then she gasped.

"What is it, M'lady?" He looked at the photo, it was a family photo of Tom, Sabine, and Marinette. "Marinette!" He started to run out of there, but Ladybug went after him.

"Wait!" Ladybug yelled, "She's fine!"

Chat looked back at her, " How would you know?" He had concern written all over his face, he cared for her that much?

"Oh I-I" C'mon Marinette, THINK!, "I met her in the bathroom in my civilian form" REALLY MARINETTE? THAT WAS THE BEST THING YOU COULD THINK OF?

"And you're sure she's fine?"

"Yes"

"Okay, but the akumatized person must have some sort of connection to Marinette's family to have a picture of them,"

"Yeah maybe," she said, had her parents gotten akumatized? " Let's go find them.

As they were jumping the roofs of buildings, Ladybug couldn't help but wonder why Chat kept on saying 'Marinette's family' not the baker's daughter, not the people who owned the bakery, Marinette's family. That got her wondering, does Chat like me? Then she shut down the thought, why should she care if Chat liked Marinette or not?

"Um. M'lady?" Chat asked, "Are you okay? You haven't talked at all since we left"

"Huh?" Ladybug said, "Oh I'm fine, I was just thinking." Suddenly, a big blimp the size of a house loomed over them.

Two people in black and white suits emerged from the blimp, "Give us your Miraculous Ladybug and Chat Noir." One of them said.

"Or else we'll rain our Switchers on all of Paris, switching their personalities," the other one said

"Mean becomes Nice, Nice becomes Mean." The first Switcher said

"Villains become heroes, And heroes,"

"Become villains." The first one finished.

"Nice purr-formance," Chat said, "But we're gonna have to cut the show short today,"

Ladybug rolled her eyes at his joke but secretly smiled, he was so cute when he made jokes before he went into battle. They both lunged at the Switchers making sure they couldn't throw any more photos, " Where's the Akuma?"

"Try the photos," Chat Noir said as he started to rip each photo. Ladybug looked at the photos, she couldn't bring herself to rip the family photos of her and her family, " What's wrong Ladybug?"

"I-I-I- can't" Ladybug confessed, "They look so happy,"

"Believe me, I didn't want to rip the photos either," Chat said, thinking about his broken family, "But if we don't, no one else will be able to be happy again"

But Ladybug had other things on her mind, she gasped, " Chat Noir! We didn't tie them up!" The Switchers laughed as they flung two photos at the heroes.

"LADYBUG! RUN!" Chat shouted, "DON'T LET THE PHOTOS TOUCH YOU!

But Ladybug couldn't stop looking at the photos, they were her family, her parents. "Mama! Papa!" She yelled before a black and white photo struck her."

"LADYBUG!" Chat Noir shouted as he dived for her. He caught her and they rolled over, "Ladybug? Ladybug!"

"Chaton," Ladybug whimpered. She grabbed his hand, "I just wanted to say- GIVE ME YOUR MIRACULOUS!" She reached out to try and grab his ring.

"Ladybug..." She started to chase after him, screaming for his Miraculous. Chat knew it was only the effects of the Akuma, but he couldn't stand to see Ladybug in that state, "I'm sorry M'lady" He said. A tear rolled down his cheek as he turned around to look at her one last time before he leaped into the Paris skyline.