Chapter Twenty Four

Alya slammed her hands on the desk, "Care to explain this?" She shoved her phone in her best friend's face.

"Huh?" Marinette looked up and saw the photo of her and Chat Noir kissing, "Oh, um... I can explain!"

"Please do," Alya said, an evil smirk on her face.

Marinette sighed, she was going to have to tell her eventually, "He may or may not have become my boyfriend."

Alya frowned, "Girl, aren't you moving through boys a bit too fast? I mean, just last Friday Adrien broke your heart." She glared at Adrien when she said his name.

"Hmmm. Maybe I am... but I trust Chat Noir with my life!" She said, "I've always felt something was there, but I was always blinded by my love for Adrien. But when he came over that night-"

"Hold on." Alya interrupted, "He came over? In the night?" She squealed, "I need all the details!"

"Shhh!" She covered Alya's mouth, "And before you get any ideas, I'd like to keep this relationship on the down-low. So no Ladyblog."

Alya pouted, "Awww. I wish I was there so I could record it!"

"Yeah, you would've loved seeing Chat Noir detransformed."

"You saw Chat Noir detransform?!" Alya said excitedly.

"Well, I couldn't exactly let him sleep in a leather suit, could I?"

"Sleep?" Alya raised an eyebrow, then she gasped, "Did you sleep with him?! That's a little too advanced for you, Marinette."

Marinette blushed, "Sheesh Alya! It's not like that! He and I just- we just slept in the same bed. Nothing else." She tried to phrase it without it sounding bad.

"Okay fine. But I still wanna know, do you know who he actually is? I mean he did detransform."

Marinette smiled proudly, "I made him a mask!"

Alya shook her head, "So you missed a chance to find out who he really is? I don't know what to do with you."

"Hey Marinette!" Adrien said, approaching the girls.

Alya protectively stepped in front of Marinette, "Don't you 'Hey Marinette' her! I still haven't forgiven you for Friday!"

"Friday?" Adrien said, confused.

"You forgot?!" Alya fumed. She pointed to Adrien's chest, making him back away, "After all that had happened, you still have the nerve to forget-"

"It's okay Alya," Marinette interrupted. She placed a hand on Alya's shoulder and smiled at Adrien, "I'm very happy for my friend here."

Those words hit Adrien's heart like a bullet, 'Friend. That's all Adrien is to her' his girlfriend just called him her friend. 'After all that had happened that night, she still-' No. It wasn't her fault she didn't know that he was also Chat Noir. But it still hurt. Suddenly, Adrien got an alert about an Akuma attack. He excused himself to the bathroom to transform.

Plagg just sighed, "I don't even know what to do with you anymore, kid."

"Thanks for being sympathetic."

"I'm just saying, why not reveal your identity to her? It would make things a lot less confusing." Plagg reasoned.

"Plagg, I can't do that! What if Hawk Moth captures her and tortures her?" Adrien said worriedly.

"I'm pretty sure Ladybug can handle herself." Plagg said, trying to give him a hint.

"What? Ladybug?" He laughed, "No Plagg, I'm talking about Marinette, not Ladybug."

"Have you ever considered Marinette could be Ladybug?"

"Marinette and Ladybug... are the same person? That's ridiculous! How could I have been torn between the same person?" He laughed at the idea, "Plagg, I think you've had too much cheese."

Plagg wanted to Cataclysm all of Paris now. How was it possible for his holder to be so dense? "Say the words before I do something I'll regret."

Adrien stared at his kwami, 'Someone must have woken up on the wrong side of the bed today!' But he needed to save Paris, so he said, "Plagg, Claws Out!"

***

"Hey LB!" Chat Noir said as he met up with her, "Who got akumatized this time?"

Ladybug winced at the nickname, he didn't bother to call her M'lady or Bugaboo anymore. 'It's probably because of- well, me! I just wish I could reveal my identity to him, then everything would make sense!' She thought.

"Er-Ladybug? I asked who got akumatized."

"Oh right!" She said, shaking away her thoughts, "She was last seen at the Eiffel Tower, they say she's making a sort of speech."

"She?" Chat asked, "Who's she?"

"I think she's another akumatized villain? I'm not sure."

"We'd better go see then." The two superheroes leaped to the Eiffel Tower.

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

Can you believe how dense our cinnamon roll is? I mean, Plagg literally told him!

If you like this story, I'm currently writing a story where Plagg and Tikki turn into humans. I've written four chapters, but haven't published any yet. If you like the idea, tell me and I'll start publishing it.

- Midnight 🐾🐞