Chapter Seventeen

Adrien ran out of the school so fast that he bumped into his best friend, "Bye Als!" He looked at Adrien, "Whoa! Slow down dude! What's the rush?"

"Oh sorry Nino!" Adrien said, "I guess I'm just a little excited to go home."

"Really dude?" Nino said, not convinced, "What's the real reason?"

Adrien smiled and giggled like a little kid, "I asked Marinette out to dinner and ice cream and she said yes!"

"I'm not surprised." Nino said.

"Huh?"

"Nothing, just that your obliviousness is mammoth." He sighed, his best friend could be so dense sometimes, "Continue."

Adrien looked sad, "My father is putting our whole house on lockdown because of the recent akumatizations, so I can't go out."

"Can't you just sneak out as Chat Noir?" Nino asked.

"How do you- wait. Nevermind." He had momentarily forgotten his best friend knew his hero alter-ego, "Plagg said I can't use my powers for purr-sonal reasons." He said, unknowingly making a pun, "So I immediately need to find out a way to sneak out without transforming.

"Plagg? Is that your Kwami? Can I meet him?" Nino asked curiously.

"Why don't you come over? I'll text Nathalie,"

Adrien: Can Nino come over? Please?🥺

Nathalie: Yes. Until your next photoshoot.

Adrien: Thank you thank you thank you!😁

"What did she say?"

"Well, you can come, but you have to go home at five thirty because I have a photoshoot."

"Paw-some!" He nudged his best friend, "See what I did there?"

Adrien shook his head, "Boy, do I need to teach you a lot about puns," he joked as the two teenagers sat in Adrien's car. "By the way, I want to dress up nice for my first date, can you help me?"

"First date?" Nino gasped, "Where are you going?"

"You know the pasta place a block away from my house? We're going there, then we're gonna find André."

"Okay, good. Except you can't go to the pasta place."

"What? Why not?"

Nino moved his hands really slowly like he was explaining something to a kindergartner, "Pasta. Sauce. Shirt. Splat!"

"Very funny."

"And with Marinette?" He laughed, "One of you is bound to get sauce on your shirt."

Adrien glared at Nino, "Hey! Don't say that! If we get messy, we get messy. The main thing is that we have a good time. "

"That's good. You already have the protective boyfriend thing down!"

Adrien sat back in his seat and groaned, "You're the worst."

They had arrived at the Agreste Mansion. Adrien and Nino walked into his house. Adrien has noticed neither his father or Nathalie was there, Nathalie! Father! Nino's here!" No response came, "Oh well, might as well get started." He said to Nino.

They walked upstairs to Adrien's room, "Dude, no matter how many times I come here, your room is still huge."

Adrien laughed, his friends were never gonna get used to the enormity of his room, "Help yourself to some snacks, I'm gonna go get us some drinks."