Chapter Twenty Nine

Mr. Agreste!!!!!!!!!!!!! You do not look at 'just a friend' like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On with the chapter...

________

Marinette was designing and sewing when a pair of hands covered her face, "Guess who?" The voice asked.

Marinette scowled at the sight of her boyfriend, but she had to play it cool tonight, "Hello Chat Noir."

"How's my Princess doing?" He asked, kissing the back of her hand.

Marinette, despite all that had happened today, still blushed at the contact, 'Not helping!' She chided herself, "I'm doing well." She said formally, "And you?"

Chat held up two game controllers and pointed at the new Ultimate Mecha Strike IV game, "Get ready to lose, Princess."

The competitive side in her took over as she reached over and snatched a controller from him, "Challenge accepted, Chaton." She said before she could stop herself. The nickname rolled effortlessly off her tongue, that wasn't gonna make this breakup any easier.

They played a few rounds, sometimes Marinette winning, and sometimes Chat winning. Now the score was tied, five to five, "Wait. Let's bet on this." Chat said, surprising Marinette.

"Okay..." She said slowly, trying to act neutral, "Name your price, kitty cat."

Chat smirked, "If I win this round, I get to kiss you."

'Hah. This kitten thinks he's gonna win', "And if I win..." She paused, thinking for a moment, "You can't eat any pastries or baked goods from our bakery until tomorrow."

"Aw." Chat Noir pouted, "Fine. It's not like you'll win anyways."

"I wouldn't be so sure, watch and learn, kitty cat." She started the round, catching him off guard.

"Hey! No fair!" Chat said as he fumbled on the controls.

"Oh sweet Chaton, who said anything about fair." She said as she made a kick-flip move, leaving Chat's character one life.

'Oh. So she wanted to play dirty, huh? Well, she messed with the wrong cat.' He thought.

Marinette's character was almost close to beating him now, "Who's the loser now, cat boy- mph!"

Chat Noir was getting desperate. He and Marinette were sitting in the middle of the couch, so it was very easy to just lean over so that she was lying on her back. But before she could let out a cry of victory, Chat pressed his lips against hers. Finishing beating her character, he tossed the controller to the side and focused on the woman in front of him. He was now on top of her. Grabbing her hair, he deepened the kiss, making her squeal in surprise. He broke away, face an inch away from hers, "So, did I win the bet?" He said, his voice low and teasing.

Marinette grinned, "Not yet, Chaton." She grabbed his bell and pulled him more on top of her, kissing him again. She wrapped her arms around his neck, taking in the smell of his leather.

Marinette was surprised at how quickly he had acted, that it took her a moment to realize her feelings about what had happened today. Still wanting more, it took all of her willpower to not kiss him again, "N-no..." She whimpered.

Chat stopped kissing to look down at her, confused, "No?"

"I can't go on like this anymore. Kissing whenever we get the chance to doesn't change the fact that you're dating someone else."

"Dating someone else? Who could ever match up to My Princess?"

She took a deep breath and got out from under him, "Kagami can, can't she, Adrien." She said bitterly.