Chapter Fourteen

*At the park*

"Did you see what happened back there?" Chat complained , "The pigeon just disappeared! Luckily cats land on their feet." He rubbed his back, "Or at least most of the time"

"Oh my poor Chaton..." Ladybug said, rubbing his back.

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say you're dating!" Rena said, a grin on her face, she knew a lot better than they thought. She knew her best friend, Marinette Dupain-Cheng was Ladybug. She found out while she was recording the Switchers akumatization...

Flashback

Alya had just seen Ladybug get switched back to her normal self and decided to follow the heroes, A wall was in the way though, so she just recorded their voices.

Hey Bugaboo," Chat Noir said , "I just wanted to tell you, I was so worried when I saw you get hit, but why didn't you move out of the way?"

"Oh um, I'm good friends with Marinette, as Ladybug of course." Ladybug quickly said.

"Yeah right," Alya murmured under her breath, "If she was friends with Marinette, I would have gotten all the interviews I wanted."

"I was feeling bad for her because her parents got akumatized."

"So why'd you call them Mama and Papa?" He paused "Unless-"

'Marinette is Ladybug!' Alya finished in her head, 'Of course! How did I not see it before! The hair! How I never see Marinette and Ladybug at the same time! Ladybug's shyness around Adrien! It all makes sense!'

"I did what?" Ladybug (or should Alya say, Marinette) said quickly, "Anyway, Paris needs us. Tikki, Spots On!"

"Plagg, Claws out!"

End of flashback

"Dating?!" They both said, "No! We're just-" They looked at eachother and put both of their heads down and looked away from each other, "Partners."

Rena knew why Chat was sad, Ladybug kept rejecting him. But why was Ladybug sad? Wait. If Marinette is Ladybug, and Marinette likes Chat Noir, that means that Ladybug actually likes Chat Noir! "Not to ruin this lovely moment, but isn't anyone going to talk about how the Akuma and the Amok just disappeared?"

BEEP BEEP!!

"Shoot! I'd better get going!" He looked at Ladybug and gave a teasing smile, her hand was still on his back, "Can you please remove your hand Bugaboo? Unless you want to stay like this forever?" He smirked.

"O-oh s-sure!" She said, pulling her hand away abruptly, "Go feed your kwami. Just come back quickly."

"Welllllllll," He said, dragging out the word, "I can't promise that, Plagg likes to take his sweet time." He said, glaring to an empty nothingness, "Anyway, see you later M'lady."

"Bye Chaton." She waved to him and blushed slightly as he leaped to refuel.

Carapace grinned, "I think someone we know has a crush on Chat Noir." He whispered to Rena.

BEEP BEEP!

Rena and Carapace's transformation wore off,

"See you later dudettes!" Nino said as he walked back to the school.

Once he was gone, Alya approached Ladybug, "So, you're not loyal to Adrien anymore?"

"A-Adrien?" Ladybug asked, how did Alya know about her crush on Adrien, "I don't know any Adrien..."

"Yes you do," Alya grinned, "Marinette,"

"M-M-Marinette? " Ladybug stuttered, "I think you have me confused with someone else."

Alya raised an eyebrow, "You think I wouldn't have eventually noticed that my best friend was Ladybug?"

Ladybug mentally facepalmed, her best friend was a journalist! She would eventually figure out that her best friend was Ladybug! "Okay, you got me, but this has to stay a secret." Ladybug looked around the park, no one was there because it was lunchtime. Lunchtime! "We have to get back to school now.." She was screwed!

"Hold up. You can't just drop the bomb on me like that!" Alya was still a little stunned, her best friend was her idol!

"But I thought you already knew! Why is it still surprising that I'm Ladybug?"

"Well," Alya said, "Usually, my suspicions about Ladybug aren't right, and I mean, who would think you would be Ladybug? No offense, but you're usually really clumsy."

"None taken," She detransformed , "Spots Off! I'll tell you more at lunch." They started to run towards the school, "In the meantime, we need to come up with a cover story for why we spent thirty minutes in the bathroom,"

***

"Poor unsuspecting heroes," Hawk Moth said, "They won't know what hit them,"

Catalyst looked at Hawk Moth, "Scarlet Moth, I give you the power to release as many Akumas as you desire,"

"Thank you Catalyst," Scarlet Moth said, "Now-" He heard a noise, someone was using the elevator to his secret lair! Who could it be? "Hide!" He whispered to Nathalie as he detransformed.

A voice from the shadows spoke, "Hello, Hawk Moth. Hello Mayura. I have some questions for the both of you."