Chapter 3

Happy reading.

×××××××××

She opened the door only to see maid calling her for dinner.
She turned around concentrating at her room, it was her way of distracting herself. Concentrating on unusual things.

She heaved a sigh and went to freshen up for dinner.

She entered the kitchen to see maid and all the ladies arranging the dinner. She stepped forward to help them. She didn't want to live here as a burden as HE makes her feel. Except Naimal and her mother who hates her for no reason and HIM obviously everyone makes her feel at home.

"Aree tum rehne do. Ham mehmano se kam nhi karate." Rasheda (Naimal's mother) taunted her. Her hands stopped in midway from setting a plate.

"Koi baat nhi aunty hmare Abbu kehte hai ye manners ki baat hai jab bade kaam karrahe hai to chote unhe dekhte to nhi baithe reh sakte chahe mehman ho ya khud ka ghar." She composed herself and replied directly looking at her and glancing towards Naimal at last sentence who was sitting at dining table chewing salad.

Seeing Rasheda go red in anger Rukhsar at once came forward at her rescue. "Bhot sahi kehte hai beta apke abbu. Apki parwarish apke parents ne bhot achi ki hai".

"Mai to khud ye bate Mirha ko samjati hu lekin wo samajne ko tayar hi nhi. Koi angle se lagta hai uski 3 mahine me shadi hai."
"Aree aunty ap unki fikar na kare shadi k bad sab line par ajate hai. Kyu Mirha?" She turned to Mirha who just entered.

"Ha Mamma shadi k bad mai line par aajaungi. Allah na kare lekin Saas k dande kisko khane hai." She mumbled the last part making Hoor to laugh loudly.
"Ha jaise Saad bhai to khane dege na apko dande." They both burst laughing loudly.

"Dusro k ghar me itne zor se nhi hasa karte ye nhi sikhaya tumhare Abbu ne." She froze at Rasheda's voice. Her smile vanished from her lips.

"Rashedaaa."
Shahana begum's voice boomed in the kitchen area.
"Use mehman bhi kehti ho or badsalooki bhi karti ho. Tumne nhi sikha abhi tak mehmano se kaise behave karte hai."

"Lekin Ammi wo..."
"Lekin wekin kuch nhi, Hoor yha padhne ke liye ayi hai or jab hm sab logo ne use ghar ka fard man liya hai to tum kon hoti ho use mehman banane wali." Shahana begum accussingly eyed her daughter in law.

She went away angrily from there.
"Koi zarurat nhi hai unke piche kisiko bhi jane ki. Jab bhook lagegi tab khud aakar kha legi."
She ordered everyone.

Hoor, whose appetite was gone now reluctantly sat for dinner not wanting to upset her more.
Her khaala gave her guilty look upset of her bhabi who doesn't miss a chance on taunting her. Hoor gave her reassuring look and started eating. All were silently eating when Hamza tried to ease the situation.
"Dadijan mujhe khufiya khabar mili hai k aj apka favourite guldan toda gaya hai."

Ahmer who was drinking water spat it out on Azher's face who was sitting infront of him.

"Chiii...what the hell Ahmer!!!"
He exclaimed disgustingly wiping his face with tissue. Everyone burst out laughing at him.

"Kuch nhi hota guldan tha toot gaya." Dadijan casually shrugged and said after everyone calmed down.

All the youngsters including Zaydan stared at her disbelievingly except Hoor as she was forgiven for the crime which was being discussed at the minute.

"Dadijan...apki tabiyat to thik hai. Kya hua hai apko." Hamza still in shock checked her temperature.

"Chal hatt badtamiz kuch nhi hua mujhe." She slapped his hand away. At which Hoor giggled softly, gaining everyone's attention. "Dadijan ne hame maaf kar diya."
She happily exclaimed.