Neon Sky

Team

School life was just school life. Attending classes. Going in and out. You learn some and you don't. It was a bypassing moment. Though it's the people you meet that adds a twist.

Pharm just made it in time. He was rushing again like the first time I met him.

Manaow on the other hand is the eager beaver informing us about the ins and outs fresh from the vines.

She introduced us to the Cute Boys Fan Page of our school. Surprisingly, we were in it. I saw it as a gossip column. Entertaining and soliciting unwanted opinions.

It's a publicity stunt that can shape you into someone according to their perception.

Pharm and I were perceived as a couple or a potential one at that. They posted a picture of us in the student lounge.

I see it as us bonding together but the page was shipping us instead.

Manaow was no help. There were three of us but the focus was just with me and Pharm.

I didn't see Pharm that way and he had voiced it out also. Manaow begged to differ, showing her fan girl side.

I felt the need not just to protect Pharm but myself as well, "Please don't taint us, Manaow

I felt the need not just to protect Pharm but myself as well, "Please don't taint us, Manaow."

We went on focusing on our classes. I didn't want to think about it nor dwell on having any relationship with another boy or a girl for now.

Dealing with girls as a love interest was nerve racking enough. Now, shedding the light on a possible boy-love-boy situation?

That will wreck havoc. And it still does within this society we live in. Though almost everybody is open with the idea, I don't think everybody is inclined to see what's behind the curtains.

I'm happy with just swimming and friends. I'd like to focus on that.

At the end of our classes, I invited them to watch our swimming try outs and cheer for me.

Manaow started getting excited about seeing guys and it was unnerving. I would need to be really stern on her.

"You know I'll be half naked there too, right?", I reminded her.

"Spare me, Team. I don't want to see you in that kind of light.", she almost gagged.

That was satisfying and offensive at the same time, "Don't run drooling later when you see me!"

---