Tepid

Team

I was out for a week and I needed to catch up if I want to keep my swimming scholarship.

We are not financially unstable but I want to do something that I can be proud of myself.

I don't want to rely unto anything or anyone for any matter which somehow in the long run makes it hard to ask for help.

And when someone extends a helping hand, I'm not sure on how I should deal with it.

I do accept or reject the extended help, but I'm not quite sure on how to feel about it.

Just like how I should deal with P'Win.

I didn't know there was a brotherly side to him. I just saw him as someone not to mess with. Over all, he's just weird.

Pharm came in a hurry again to the Grove where Manaow and I were studying.

"How did you get here?", I was curious. His car was still under repairs and there were rumors flying around about him and P'Dean.

He didn't say anything straight on how exactly he got to school but Manaow and I exchanged suspicious looks.

Manaow went on about staying late for their show and I have the same arrangements with the swimming club.

I'm starting to feel the exhaustion again in catching up also with the training. But if I don't hold on, this will be a never ending vicious cycle of fighting for balance.

"Make me some chicken breast sandwich for later, Pharm.. Please? I'll just wire you the money later. Okay?", I sweet talked him into it.

But of course, I needed to compensate him for the budget. You can't always have everything for free. I'm just glad he has the time to spoil us.

I told him that I'd be at the Pool Side until eight in the evening for practices. That'll give him an excuse to see P'Dean.

"Have you seen this post?", Manaow suddenly showed us a picture from the Cute Boys Fan Page.

We started teasing Pharm and he acted like he was not having it.

"You don't have to worry. P'Win told me that P'Dean doesn't have a girlfriend. He only cares about swimming.", I assured Pharm.

As much as possible, I'd like to encourage Pharm and openly supports his preference. Although it's not more about preference but about the one he likes.

I made use of the past week that I spent with P'Win and asked him about P'Dean. He even accused me of having a crush on his friend. He was really strange and sulked whenever I touched on the topic.

---

I lounged at the Pool Side while waiting for Pharm to deliver the sandwiches

My stomach was already grumbling from the energy I spent during practice.

P'Win was exceptionally grumpy than his usual self. Every move that he disapproved of met an outburst.

"If you're going to study, FOCUS! If you're going to practice, PERFORM! Instead, you all go flirting!"

The ordeal was an additional trauma. I wondered if he was talking about P'Dean since he left early. Maybe P'Win needs a love life.

"Why are you all alone? Where's everybody?", Pharm greeted me.

"The seniors are having a meeting. We're not allowed to listen in.", I just waved his question.

If it was up to me, I would have been home already. But I had to wait for P'Win.

We've been riding together in my car to and fro school. I know it's a small gesture for the past week that he took care of me. Or more like kept on bothering me like a mother hen.

He was worse than Manaow. His hands were always on me whenever he's got the chance and I had to be wary of his every move! Such a pervert. I feel harassed that whole week.

I just wondered if this will go on forever. Being in the same dormitory isn't helping at all. I even contemplated looking for a new place.

I invited Pharm to sit next to me after I thank him for the food

I invited Pharm to sit next to me after I thank him for the food. He was rather reluctant.

"Someone might take pictures of us again.", he worried.

"Oh, come on! No one is around. Besides, we both know it's not true.", I pulled him in much closer.

"Are you worried that P'Dean might misunderstand?", I teased him on.

It was never my intention for anyone to misunderstand but I like playing my cards sometimes. I admit it's fun messing with people's perception. Others call it fan service. A better version of malice.

Pharm kept on craning his neck towards the locker area and I immediately get what he was looking for.

"I forgot to tell you! I'm so sorry, Pharm. P'Dean left around seven already.", I felt that I was a bad friend.

"Do you need a ride home?", I asked him hoping to compensate for my stupidity.

I'm sure P'Win won't mind if we made a detour for my friend.

"That's okay. I don't want to rob you from a good rest.", he declined.

"I'll make it up to you, tomorrow. Visit us during practice again, okay?"

He just nodded and bid goodbye. I didn't want to keep him any longer since it's getting late.

P'Win came as if he tasted something really bad. I wondered how their meeting went.

He just sat down in front of me and checked the paper bag without saying anything.

"Do you want to eat?", I asked.

He just nodded. I took the sandwich and shared it with him. We ate quietly.

"Shall we go home now?", I asked him again after we finished.

He just nodded in response and I followed him in the locker room to change.

When we got to the parking lot, he took the keys from me and sat on the driver's side. I didn't protest. I was tired and I'm not complaining about this quiet helping hand.

We kept quiet still when we arrived at the dorm and rode the elevator.

I went out the elevator and wondered why there were no footsteps following me.

I looked back and saw him just staring at me with a blank stare as the elevator door closed.

That was.. Odd.