Distance

Win

Tuesday came for the swimming competition. It was still a school week but some students already skipped class to go home for the holidays. The only ones left were either catching up for missed tests, submitting last minute requirements, model students or us competitors and dear friends who wouldn't miss to support each other.

We met with Pharm and the others when we arrived at the university. Everyone was eager to support the swimming club.

I watched Manaow and Del cheering Nong to aim even just for the consolation prize. I know they're setting low expectations but it was enough since this is an interuniversity competition. Nong had a long way to go still to enter the nationals. He wouldn't be in the scholarship if he had no talent. I just have to see him through it.

I kept on observing how they interact and searched for any jealousy in me. There wasn't and I felt strange. I felt security somewhere with the gestures Nong had been recently exhibiting.

"Team.. I heard you were on a date with someone last week during the Christmas Lights.", Manaow winked at him and looked at me for confirmation.

I just smiled and looked at Nong giving Manaow that all too familiar death stare.

I'll give him more time. I won't say anything if he won't. That as much I can give him.

I walked towards Dean and Pharm, "That's enough. Let's prepare for the competition."

Dean just nodded at me and we headed to the Pool Side.

"Su su na, Team! I'll punch you if you don't win any prize.", Manaow threatened cheerfully.

Pruk gave her an amused stare. I didn't know Manaow had sadistic tendencies like Dean. It must be rubbing off.

---

Nong was lying on my bed when I got in. I brought take outs for us to enjoy. He was consistently in my room now but I wasn't really complaining.

"You're still playing? Turn that off and let's eat.", I invited him.

He's planning to go home this weekend and I wanted to drop him off. He agreed which made me happy. That would be a consolation on my part for missing him during the break.

We didn't celebrate after the competition though he won the money prize. He was saving it for something but he didn't hint on what it could be.

"I don't want to eat. Manaow said my face had gone rounder over three days.", he started to complain.

One thing I've noticed about Nong is that his confidence is low and worries too much about his physique. I don't want to point out openly that he has bad eating habits that contributes to his low self-esteem.

The only thing I could do is to steer him in a positive direction or in my case, to my advantage.

"I know a way to keep you fit.", I told him as I place the food on the table.

I went to him on the bed and sat on top of him. His almond eyes widen in surprise as I slipped his shirt upwards with a mischievous smile.

His instinct took over and I felt his knee meet my back this time which made a thudding sound. I groaned and toppled over to his side.

He immediately sat down and started rubbing my back, "Hia.."

I grew quiet and savored his care. He kept rubbing my back while I laid flat and I just couldn't help it.

"Do you want to try how it feels to be inside me?", I invited him.

He went quiet and I looked at him. He was already turning red. When he noticed me looking at him, he smacked me again on the back and jumped off of the bed to check on the food.

I laughed at his shyness. We certainly have to take more baby steps.

"If you don't want to try my fitness program, we can go to a clinic to get treatment.", I suggested.

"Wouldn't it hurt? I heard it's expensive.", he chimed while preparing the food.

"There are non evasive treatments. I know a clinic that my mother and eldest brother frequents. We can get a huge discount.", I continued.

"Have you tried it before?", he asked looking at me.

"Nope. My metabolism is fast that's why I don't easily gain weight. You could also try changing your diet such as cutting down on your chips.", I hinted.

He looked at me like I should die on the spot.

"Then we should try my fitness program instead!", I insisted while twitching one of my brows in an arch.

"Let's eat.", he answered flatly and stuffed his mouth with food.

---

Team

Hia dropped me off at home. He insisted to use my car and that he would pick me up back to the city. I couldn't really argue since he already volunteered. I didn't invite him inside our house and he didn't ask but he noticed that we have a pool in the backyard.

He reminded me to keep on practicing while I'm at home to keep fit and eat a healthy diet. He would send me recipes that he suggested that our cook should make for me.

He video calls me almost everyday to watch me practice in our pool or just to check how I was doing. I didn't mind but I complain during swimming practice since he keeps on shout coaching me.

"Nong. What are you doing?", he asked over the laptop video call.

"Playing.", I told him as I continued with my video game.

"How's the weather there?", he went on.

He's staying with his family now for the holiday. Hia invited me to stay with him for the break but my parents decided to come home also in time for it which made me feel hopeful for an actual merry Christmas.

"Sunny.", I kept on giving him short answers.

"It's raining here."

I grew silent. He sounded sad.

"I miss you.."

My heart started to pound and I found myself breathing unevenly.

"Nong! I said, I miss you!", he almost shouted.

I just grunted to acknowledge his statement.

"Who are you missing?", a man's voice asked in the background.

I got curious and looked at the monitor.

"My Nong.", he answered as an older guy came into view.

"Hi, Nong! I'm Wan. Aren't you a cutie.", he greeted me and I held my two hands up like in a prayer to answer him.

"Don't call him that! That's my nong!", he reprimanded the guy and they disappeared from my view.

I only heard shouting and some inaudible sounds. I just shook my head and ended the video call.