Belief

Win

The exam week was drawing to a close. Everybody is already excited to go home for the holidays. I haven't decided if I should go home or not but when Nong told me that he won't stay in the dormitory for the break, it made me sad.

"Mung! What are you thinking about?", Title suddenly asked me.

I guess I was spacing out, "I'm just thinking what to do during the holiday."

We were strolling around the mall and looking at the Christmas decorations that were on sale in the bazaar. We've decided to hang out first before heading to Gun's house to study for the tests tomorrow.

Plan and Gun were checking some wreaths in the display case on one of the stalls.

"Let's grab some snacks and bring it to the study group.", I reminded them since they're already getting side tracked.

"I'm thinking of doing something romantic for my girlfriend this Christmas", Plan told us.

"What's romantic about Christmas ornaments?", my practical self was working again.

They immediately rolled their eyes at my question. I just laughed since I was still clueless.

Plan waived a wreath in my face and started talking about the significance of the decoration.

"This is a symbol of love. In Norse mythology, it was blessed by the goddess Frigg when her son Baldur was resurrected. Whoever stands under it can get a kiss or be kissed. Refusing it would bring bad luck so nobody dares whether they are a couple or not."

I raised a brow after hearing the omen, "What makes it romantic?"

They all sighed and Gun obliged to point out whatever was obvious to them, "If a couple kissed under the mistletoe, it will bring them a long and lasting love."

My eyes widened. That gave me an idea for my date with Nong.

"Let me buy one.", I got excited and chose from the display and picked one that suited my fancy.

"Why are you choosing a bouquet? That's uncommon.", Title exclaimed.

"Because I want to be different.", I told them and headed to the cashier to pay.

"Ooohh.. It seems that she, he, it is special.", they teased after me and I just ignored them.

It's a he.

---

Team

Team

Last day, hurray. I have one less thing to worry about after this.

I heard our professor called out to pass the sheets forward. Almost everybody crammed out of the classroom after they submitted their work.

"Are you okay, Team?", Pharm asked behind me.

"Yeah. I'm fine, Mung.", I answered.

He placed a hand on my shoulder and looked worried.