Chapter 2: Lux Lifts Some Rocks

LUX BONTERI

"Focus, Lux," he heard the encouraging words of her wife behind her.

Lux had his hand extended towards the pile of somewhat large rocks. They were about as big as backpacks, but there were a lot of them. Some were shaking, but he couldn't get himself to lift more than one at a time.

Eventually, he gave out.

"I can't!" Lux exclaimed in anger.

"Patience, Lux," she said. "You're blocking yourself."

"How so?" Lux asked.

"You doubt yourself too much," Lux said. "Katooni had a similar problem after we first moved here. You need to push past your self-doubt."

"How do I do that!?" Lux said.

Ahsoka sighed.

"Believe in yourself. Tell yourself you can do it. Right now, you're only not able to do it because you're not letting yourself think you can. Just reach out, let go of all tensions and doubts. You can do this, Lux."

"Okay," he said, "I can try."

He closed his eyes, stretched his hand out forward, and reached out. He tried to blank his mind of any negative emotions. It was just him and the Force, acting as one to lift some rocks.

Soon, the rocks began to rumble a little. One by one, the rocks were gently lifted into the air.

Lux opened his eyes.

"I'm-I'm doing it," he exclaimed, "I'm doing it!!"

But his grip on the rocks soon slipped. They got a little shaky and some fell to the ground.

"You're losing focus, Lux," Ahsoka said behind him.

So he closed his eyes again and focused his mind entirely on lifting the rocks. The rocks that had fallen lifted back up again.

He held the rocks in the air for a minute or so before he decided to let them go.

He tried to lower them gently, but ended up accidentally giving out altogether and the rocks dropped like... well, rocks.

"Good job, Lux," Ahsoka said. "I knew you had it in you."

"Well," he said, "I tried to let the rocks down slowly, but I gave out, so I honestly could've done better."

"Don't worry, love," Ahsoka encouraged. "You'll get there with enough time and patience."

"You're the best teacher the Jedi ever could've asked for," Lux said. "We all got lucky with you."

"Oh, please," Ahsoka said. "Everyone tells me that. I feel like everyone here trusts me more than they trusted the council."

"It's because they do, love," Lux said while walking up to Ahsoka. "The council were kinda-sorta hypocrites. Gotta say, they would have done a lot worse than you in this situation."

"So you think I'm better than the council?" Ahsoka asked, grabbing Lux's hand.

"Oh, dear," he said, "you're not just better, you're the best."

His lips pressed into a kiss with Ahsoka, and they toppled over onto the soft grass.

When their lips parted, they were both laughing.

"Oh, Lux," she said, "I love you so much."

"And I do too," he replied.