Chapter 5: The Start of the Journey

KATOONI ADANA

Katooni was practicing using the force to lift up a rock when she saw Ahsoka walk by her.

Katooni quickly turned around to greet Ahsoka.

"Hey Master Tano," she said, "what are you doing?"

Ahsoka turned around and smiled.

"I have something very important to do with Lux," she said.

"What is it?" Katooni replied.

"I have to take him to Ilum so he can get his Kyber crystal to make a lightsaber," AHsoka explained."

"I thought he already had one."

"I stole that one from Grievous and gave it to him for training," she explained.

"So, he's going to Ilum?" Katooni asked.

Katooni remembered when she was trapped behind that ice wall in those caves. She had only been saved by Pedro, who ran by her at first, but thankfully regretted his decision.

Ahsoka nodded her head.

"I hope he makes it back," Katooni added.

"Me too," she said, "but if it's his destiny, which I'm sure it is, he'll make it."

LUX BONTERI

Lux and Ahsoka both walked up the ramp onto the Crucible. He had his hand on Ahoska's shoulder.

"I'm a little nervous," he admitted.

"Don't worry," Ahsoka said, "I know you'll make it. I'd be shocked if you didn't."

"Still," he said, "I... I'm not a Jedi. Well, I didn't grow up being one, at least. I... this is all new to me. I mean, don't get me wrong, I want to do this, I want to become a Jedi, and I knew straight from the get-go it would be hard, but... I don't know, I did expect this, but... I don't know if I'm good enough..."

"Shut up, Lux!" Ahsoka said. "Don't get yourself down. You are strong. Just like everyone else here. And you are such a kind person too. You'll make a perfect Jedi Master, and you're already a perfect husband. Doubting yourself will get you nowhere, Lux. It only sets you back. You are strong. Believe that, and you'll start to realize your true potential. You already have everything you need within you."

Lux smiled.

"Thanks, 'Soka," he said. He pulled her in for a kiss, and Ahsoka pressed back in.

"Thanks for being a perfect teacher and wife for me," he continued after their lips parted. "I'm so glad I get to be with you."

"Me too," Ahsoka said. "Now, let's get going."

They walked onto the escape ship on the back of the Crucible and lifted off. Ahsoka looked down at the Jedi Camp, and some of the Younglings and Padawans were waving her goodbye. Ahsoka smiled as the ship ascended through the atmosphere and into space.

"Alright," Lux said, "We're out of atmosphere and we've got our course plotted to Ilum."

"Punch it, Lux," Ahsoka said in response.

He pulled a lever, and the ship went off into hyperspace.