Chapter 9: The Old Grand Master

AHSOKA TANO-BONTERI

Ahsoka sat meditating in the icy room at the entrance to the cave Lux went into. Ever since he entered that cave, his signature in the force had been drowned out by that of the countless Kyber crystals in the cave.

It was quite cold, obviously. She expected no less from the cold, harsh climate of Ilum.

The ice wall at the cave entrance was half-closed now, which meant that her husband had to be at least halfway done to get back in time. Well, assuming he didn't find out he could easily break through the wall, that is.

Yet s faithful as she was in Lux, there was a fear nagging at the back of her mind.

The fear that he wouldn't make it.

The fear that he would be deceived or even killed by whatever was in there.

"Hmm, worried, are you?"

Ahsoka swore she could have heard the voice of Master Yoda.

"M-Master Yoda?" She said. "A-are you there?"

"Taken on a difficult task, have you?" The voice continued. "Training someone, you are?"

"Yes," she replied, "I'm training... I'm training Lux."

"Hmm," said the voice of Yoda, "a Jedi, he will become?"

"Yes," she said. "I... I don't know if he believes himself enough, the realization that he was Force-sensitive was so sudden..."

"Believe in him, you do?"

"With every fiber of my being," Ahsoka replied adamantly.

"Hmm... but worry, I sense in you," Yoda said. "Not worry about your apprentice, no... but worry about yourself."

Ahsoka took a deep breath.

"Ever since I became Grand Master of the Jedi survivors, I've been faced with several... choices. Choices that the old Jedi Council never would have thought of. Choices that go against some long-standing traditions."

"Hmm," Yoda said, "Confident, that made the right choice, you have?"

"Yes," Ahsoka said. "I... I have faith in them, I have faith in Lux, and I have faith in myself."

"Good," Yoda said. "Made a choice I have as well. Made the choice to make you the Grand Master of what remains of the Jedi I did... Made the right choice, I did."

And the voice went silent.