Chapter 17: On the Run

MORRA SEVARRO

Eekar quickly turned off the transmission and grabbed Morra's arm, pulling her behind the corner. The Clone Trooper fired a few stun blasts at them, but none hit.

"What's going on?" Another clone asked as the two ran away.

"Those two were doing something shady, and immediately ran away on sight," the first Clone said. "I think whatever they're doing isn't legal."

"Then go and chase them!" The other clone said.

Morra and Eekar were just about to come out of the alleyway when two more clones blocked off the exit.

They tried to fire more stun blasts at them, but they managed to turn around and dodge them.

The two managed to duck behind a crate for cover.

"Permission to shoot back?" Morra asked silently.

"Permission granted," Eekar replied.

Morra quickly pulled out her blaster and peeked out from behind the crate. She fired her blaster at one of the clones, and he dropped dead.

"They're fighting back," said the other Clone, "shoot to kill!"

He promptly turned his blaster off of stun.

A clone came up from behind them, but Eekar whipped out his blaster and shot him.

Three more clones stood in front of them now. They used the crate and the thin alleyway to their advantage and killed another clone, but soon realized they couldn't last forever.

"We can't hold out much longer," Morra said.

"Then we need to run,"  Eekar said.

He grabbed her arm again and ran back through the alleys.

"We have some troublemakers in this sector," a Clone said, "we need reinforcements!"

"We have to get out of here!" Morra said.

"You think I don't know that?" Eekar replied.

They ran into out of the alleyway and into the streets. Two Clones quickly got on their speeders and pursued them.

"I don't think we can outrun them," Morra said.

Nevertheless, Eekar blasted one right off his speeder and hopped on. He then blasted the other one off as well.

"Get on," Eekar said, pointing to the other speeder.

She hopped on and the two quickly hopped on.

"They're trying to get away," a clone said.

They drove away from a storm of blaster fire and down the streets.

Every now and then, a Clone would see them and open fire, but they had outran the majority of the ones pursuing them.

They parked their speeders in another alley and got off.

"Just wait until Fulcrum hears about this one," Morra said.

"I know," Eekar said, "But we'll have to find somewhere to hide. They've probably found and seized our ship by now, so getting offworld again will be hard."

"Running from the Empire?" a man said behind him.

The two quickly turned around and stood ready to defend.

"I mean no harm," continued the man, "I'm just wondering why you're running."

"They caught us doing something... well, they'd say it was 'sketchy,' but really we're just strong advocates against the Empire," Eekar said.

"Well, I can help you if you need to hide from the Imperials," the man said.

"Who are you?" Morra asked.

"The name's Ephraim," he replied, "Ephraim Bridger."