Chapter 34: Unwanted Attention

AHSOKA TANO-BONTERI

"How many more crates are we going to need?" Katooni said.

The three of them had gone back and forth with the crates at least five times now. It was starting to seem like they'd try and pack the whole pirate base into the ship.

"As much as this ship can handle," Ahsoka said. "Though this might be our last one. I don't think we have anything else we need."

They had pretty much everything they needed. Shield generators, power generators, credits, spare parts, and there was even a crate with three de-activated astromechs inside of it.

"We've got twenty-one crates," Lux said. "That oughta do it."

Suddenly, R7 called through the comms, and was beeping furiously as if he was scared.

"What is it?" Ahsoka asked.

The droid beeped again.

"Oh no," Ahsoka said, "oh dear."

"What?" Lux said, "what is it?"

"Imperial shuttle in orbit. They know we're here."

Lux and Katooni both looked like their hearts skipped a beat.

"How!?" Lux asked.

"Probe droid, probably," Ahsoka replied.

"Who's in the shuttle?" Katooni asked.

"An Inquisitor, probably." Ahsoka said. "Maybe even a few. There's no way they've got a battalion in that thing."

"What are we going to do?" Lux asked.

"We need to lure them away from the ship," Ahsoka said. "We have enough time to load the crates onto the ship, but if we try to take off, the Inquisitors could just shoot us out of the sky."

"Okay," Katooni said, "what's our plan then?"

"Katooni," Ahsoka asked, "you know where Hondo's secret fleet is, right?"

"Yes," she nodded.

"Good," Ahsoka said. "We'll have R7 take the ship back to the camp. We'll just have to hope that hangar is still intact too."

"Are you serious!?" Lux said.

"If we draw their attention away from R7, he can get the supplies back to camp. If we draw them away from their shuttle with some speeders in the base, they probably won't bother taking a rocket launcher with them. Besides, I can handle them. We just have to trap them in a canyon.

"Ahsoka," Lux said, "what has gotten into you? You sound too confident that you'll beat them. One of them almost killed you, remember?"

Ahsoka thought about that. 

"I don't know," she replied. "Let's just get these crates on this ship."

They reached the ship and pushed the crates up the ramp and into the storage room. R7 quickly wheeled around the corner to meet them.

"R7," Ahsoka said, "take this ship back to camp. We know where Hondo's hidden some extra ships, we'll take one back. And don't tell anyone to come help us."

R7 beeped in compliance. He wheeled over to the cockpit and plugged himself into a terminal on the wall. The lights flickered for a moment and the engines started making noise.

"Good to know this ship only needs one astromech to fly," Lux said.

"Aright," Ahsoka said, "let's go."

Katooni and Lux nodded in response, and they ran off the ship. Soon after, the ship flew off into the distance.

"Ahsoka," Lux said, "are you sure you can take them on? I've noticed you seem more confident in your abilities lately."

It was true, it did feel like made her feel like she was more powerful.

But what?

THE GRAND INQUISITOR

"My Lord," Fifth Brother said, "We have detected a ship taking off from near where the Jedi were spotted."

"How peculiar," said the Grand Inquisitor. "I do not sense that they are on board that vessel."

"Should we move to intercept?" First Sister asked.

"No," said The Inquisitor, "It's a decoy. Commence landing procedures. Ignore that vessel. I sense they are still down there."

"As you wish," First Sister said.

The ship touched down on the surface of Florrum. The ramp extended, and they walked out.

They looked around for a little.

"There," First Sister said, pointing at the entrance to the pirate base.

Three people on speeders came zooming out of the entrance and into a nearby canyon.

"Get the Jumpspeeders!" The Inquisitor yelled. "Do not let them escape!"