Chapter 7: Cold Caverns

LUX BONTERI

Despite the fact he was wearing his jacket, Lux was still a little chilly. Of course, it was quite obviously because of the fact he was on an icy planet in an icy cave surrounded by ice. Yeah, that was probably the reason.

Lux walked and came to a fork in the path. There were three possible ways to go.

He could have sworn he heard his wife say "Let the Force guide you."

Lux closed his eyes and took a breath. He raised his hand to point at one of the passages.

When he opened his eyes, he found that he was pointing to the door on the left. So, Lux took off in that direction. He walked quickly, so as to be sure he was fast enough to not get stuck behind the ice wall that was freezing over at the entrance. Obviously, he couldn't go too fast, or he would trip on a chunk of ice or slip and fall.

When Lux was a good distance down the path, he tried to use the force to feel around for a crystal that might be his. But there were so many crystals here, it was almost creating some sort of static in his head.

"Nope," he said to himself, "not here."

He kept walking down the icy tunnel. Every now and then he'd stop to try and find a crystal, but there was none.

He was a little far into the cave now, so he was starting to get worried. He had no idea how long it was going to take for that wall to freeze over, so maybe it was for the best he start making his way back. Better to come out of there without a crystal than to slowly freeze to death.

He was just about to turn around when the path collapsed behind him.

He quickly pulled out his training lightsaber to try and cut through the ice, but it was too thick.

"Kriff!" he exclaimed. "I'm stuck!"

He sighed.

"Guess it's best to just keep moving along," he told himself.

So he did just that. One foot in front of the other.

He walked a little more slowly now that he wasn't sure if he was going to make it out.

Suddenly, he felt something. But it didn't feel like a crystal or anything. It felt... cold.

Who am I kidding, he thought to himself, Everything here is cold. I'm losing it.

He walked along, but he couldn't shake the feeling he was being... followed.

Yet, every time he looked behind him, nothing was there but ice, ice, and more ice.

Soon, Lux came to and almost fell into a massive ravine. He stumbled, trying his hardest not to fall in.

Once he was back on his feet, he looked around to see if there was a path on the other side, or some way to cross it.

There wasn't any.

M-maybe I missed something, Lux thought.

"No you didn't."

That voice immediately made Lux's heart jump.

He turned around to see none other than what appeared to be First Sister behind him.

"What the Kriff!?" He said.

"What a fool you are," First Sister taunted, "thinking you can become a Jedi."

Lux turned on his training lightsaber.

"I don't fear you," he said.

"Well," First Sister said, "That doesn't change the fact that ypu're about to die!"