Chapter 8: An Unexpected Fight

LUX BONTERI

First Sister charged at Lux with her lightsaber spinning, but Lux blocked it with his training lightsaber and jumped to the side. He got behind First Sister, so he couldn't get shoved into the nearby chasm.

"Impressive for someone who isn't even a Jedi," First Sister taunted.

"No," Lux said, "I am a Jedi... or at least I will be."

"You won't," First Sister said, "because you'll be dead!"

First Sister slashed at him, but he blocked the hit. She tried again, but was blocked again.

"No," Lux said. "However you got in here, I won't let you kill me."

"If only you could," First Sister said.

She tried to kick at Lux, but he jumped back. She then brought her lightsaber around at him, but he leapt back again.

"H-how did you even get in here?" Lux asked.

"Doesn't matter," First Sister said. "You're going to die."

"You've said that like three times already!"

"Because it's true!"

"No," Lux said, blocking a blow, "It isn't!"

But he became increasingly unsure of his statement.

First Sister slashed at him three times, and while he did deflect them all, he became briefly staggered, and he was kicked down. His training lightsaber flew out of his hand as First Sister raised her saber for the killing blow.

"Looks like you were wrong," First Sister said.

"No, he wasn't."

Lux looked back to see Ahsoka running at First Sister, knocking her back and saving Lux.

"Ahsoka!?" Lux said. "W-what are you doing here-"

"I'm here to help you," she replied.

Lux backed up a little as he watched Ahsoka duel with First Sister.

"So it looks like you're following us around now, Barriss," Ahsoka said.

"Don't call me that!" First Sister yelled.

Lux watched as Ahsoka dueled First Sister, but just like before, she couldn't muster the strength to go up against her old friend.

"I don't want to fight you, Barriss," she said. "We were friends, remember?"

"Of course I remember," First Sister said. "Until you clung to those Jedi ideas that ruined the Galaxy!"

"Barriss, please-"

Ahsoka gasped in the middle of the sentence. She had a look of horror on her face.

First Sister had sliced right across her chest.

"B-Barriss..." She squeezed out before falling to the ground dead.

"NOOOOO!!!" Lux screamed. He turned on his training lightsaber and charged at First Sister.

"Your friend can't save you now," First Sister said. "And soon, you will suffer the same fate."

But Lux was determined to not let that happen. All he wanted in that moment was revenge. He had to kill this monster. She... she killed his wife!

"YOU WILL PAY FOR THAT!!" Lux screamed.

"Huh," First Sister said, "You may make a fine Inquisitor yourself. Then again, it's probably easier just to kill you."

Lux was so focused on trying to kill First Sister that he didn't notice he was right next to the chasm.

First Sister let out a dark laugh.

"Huh?" Lux said before looking around.

But by the time he saw he was on the chasm's edge, it was too late.

First Sister kicked him off, and Lux fell into the chasm.