Chapter 12: New Assignments

LYDA RAN

Lyda was standing a few yards away from the campsite, overlooking everything. It was so... perfect. In a time where the Empire ravaged the Galaxy, such a place like this couldn't have been any more amazing.

"It's amazing, isn't it?"

Lyda turned around to see none other than Ahsoka standing behind her.

"All thanks to you," Lyda replied.

Ahsoka rolled her eyes.

"You all give me too much credit sometimes," she said.

"Hey," Lyda said, "you deserve it. What you did at the temple was... well, amazing. I thought you had lost faith in us. I was starting to lose faith in the Order too. but you did the right thing. You knew that although the Order was wrong about several things, you knew that the majority of us were still good people. You were selfless, strong, and you gave us hope."

"Thank you so much, Lyda," she said, "You have no idea how much this means to me."

"Oh," she said, "how's Lux? Did he get his Crystal?"

"He's doing good," Ahsoka replied, "he just built his lightsaber."

"You must be so proud of him," Lyda said. "What color is it?"

"It's sky blue," Ahsoka said. "Quite a unique color."

"I wonder if it means anything?" Lyda asked.

"Well," she said, "I... don't know. All I know is that he looks good holding it."

"You think he looks good doing anything," Lyda said.

"Hey," Ahsoka joked, "it's not my fault he's ridiculously handsome!"

"You two never fail to amuse me," Lyda remarked.

Ahsoka rolled her eyes.

"Either way," she said, "I have an assignment for you. Meet me in the briefing room on the Crucible in a few minutes."

"Yes, Master Bonteri," Lyda smiled with a bow.

"Please, it's master Tano. I don't want to get confused with the other Bonteri here."

"Well then, master Tano-Bonteri." 

AHSOKA TANO-BONTERI

Ahsoka walked into the briefing room. To her delight nobody she invited was late.

Lyda, Morra, and Eekar were all there. Lux was standing there as well.

"Greetings," Ahsoka said, "You probably know by now I have missions for you all."

"Now first, Lyda," Ahsoka said. "Your mission is straightforward."

She pulled out a holocron and opened it. A holographic image of a young human girl, who seemed to be no older than two years old.

"This is Christi Alka. She was identified as force-sensitive shortly before the fall of the Jedi Order. We need you to investigate and retrieve her on Yerbana. Assuming her family allows her to be taken, of course."

"Yerbana..." Lyda mumbled in a sad manner.

Ahsoka understood why.

"Listen," Ahsoka said, "I know that's where Rex went MIA, but you have a mission. Find the child, ask her family if she can be taken, and then mind-trick them to forget you ever approached them. If they say no, leave the child there. If they say yes, bring her here. And please, try to avoid any imperial entanglements."

"Will do," Lyda said.

"What about us?" Morra asked.

"You and Eekar have a separate mission," she said.

She put the holocron away and pulled up a holo-disc.

"Senator Organa gave me information about a contact on Lothal," Ahsoka said. "He said he has some supplies we might need."

Ahsoka activated the holo-disc, and it displayed an image of a Gotal male.

"Do we have anything to worry about with this contact?" Eekar asked.

"Not that we know of," Ahsoka asked. "Just be wary, that's all. And don't attract too much attention. Remember, we can't let ourselves get caught, no matter what. The future of the Jedi Order depends on it. Both of you will leave tomorrow on your missions. If all goes well, we'll have an extra youngling and some more supplies. Good luck, and may the force be with you."