Chapter 3: Chit Chat

KATOONI ADANA

Katooni was sitting in the grass looking at the sky.

Despite the hardships they had faced, this place was just... gorgeous.

Of course, the brilliant nebula and the thriving nature around them had quite a lot to do with it. Tuya Lana, a yellow Twi'lek youngling and a friend of hers, always talked about how brilliant it was. Zatt, on the other hand, couldn't seem to stop nerding out about all the specifics.

Then, she heard the grass rustle beside her. She looked up to see her good friend Pedro walking towards her.

"Hey," she said, "Shouldn't you be practicing with Master Tano and the other Younglings?"

"She had to do some training with Padawan Bonteri," he replied.

Lux, of course, had been immediately granted the rank of Padawan by his master (and wife). He had grown out the Padawan Braid and everything.

"I was wondering if you could come and talk with us," Pedro continued.

"Of course," Katooni said.

Pedro reached his hand out to Katooni, who gladly accepted it. He pulled her up off the ground, and they ran over to an area where a few Jedi were sitting.

Katooni recognized everyone here by now. There were some of her youngling friends like Tuya and Zatt, along with a few Padawans such as Morra Sevarro or Huk Mar. There was also a Jedi Knight, the Mon Calamari Eekar Oki, who, despite being half a decade older than Master Tano, could not agree more on her position as Grand Master.

"Hey, Katooni," Tuya said. "Where were you?"

"Well," she said, "I was just looking at the sky, I guess."

"Well," Morra said, "I can't blame you. This place is really stunning."

"So, Katooni," Zatt asked, "How exactly do you feel about this whole 'New Jedi Order' thing?"

"I think Master Tano is doing a very good job," Katooni said.

"Yeah," Morra said with a giggle. "Tell us something we don't know."

"I agree with her," said Eekar. "While she is still young, she has much potential, despite some anti-traditionalist decisions she's made."

"Well," Pedro said, "I was getting tired of some of those old rules anyways. Also, I heard she's been thinking of promoting you to Jedi Master, Eekar."

"That would not be surprising," replied Eekar. "Morra and I have proved ourselves quite useful on our supply run to Orinda a few weeks back."

Morra, of course, had been assigned as the Padawan to Eekar to finish her training after the move to here.

"Yeah," Morra said, "we made work of those smugglers. We didn't even have to pull out our lightsabers or use the force, right Master?"

"Well," he said with a smile, "never call a Mon Calamari fish-face. you have no idea what they can be capable of sometimes."

A few of the younglings laughed.