Chapter 36: A New Ride

KATOONI ADANA

"Do you think she's okay?" Katooni asked.

They had made it to the entrance to the secret hangar. They were waiting outside for Ahsoka.

"I don't know," Lux said, "she just jumped right into the three of them in a split-second decision, and didn't even bother asking for help. How strong really is she, and how strong does she think she is?"

Suddenly, they could hear a speeder approach them.

Please be Ahsoka, Katooni thought.

Sure enough, her hopes were true. Ahsoka came blazing around the corner riding one of the Inquisitors' speeders.

"Ahsoka!" Lux yelled.

Ahsoka stopped and hopped off the speeder, and Lux immediately gave her a tight hug.

Katooni noticed that Ahsoka seemed virtually unscathed, despite clearly having just gone up against three Inquisitors.

"Did you fight off all three of them!?" Lux asked.

"Barriss is stuck, the other two are either dead or wounded," Ahsoka replied.

"Darn," Lux replied, "you really are something else. I'm glad to have you as a teacher and a wife."

"Maybe you'll be as good as me someday," Ahsoka said.

"As if," Lux responded.

"Don't doubt yourself," Ahsoka replied, "That gets you nowhere."

"Can we save the hugs for when we're safe?" Katooni asked.

"You're right," Ahsoka replied. "The Inquisitors may not have any speeders, but if they make their way over here, they can still pose a threat. Especially Barriss, she never took any bad hits. I just put a wall of rocks between us. Not to mention they could have called for reinforcements. The Empire might be preparing an orbital blockade as we speak. Also, I don't see a hangar here. You sure this is the place?"

"Positive," Katooni replied. "We just need to open that wall. I think it's opened by remote, but Hondo's the only one I know who has one."

"Then we use the force to lift the door," Ahsoka said. "Let's do this together, like we did back on Ilum."

Both Lux and Katooni could relate to that.

Katooni knew Ahsoka probably could have lifted the wall on her own, but it didn't really matter.

The three of them closed their eyes, and focused on the wall. They heard the groaning of metal as the wall slowly slid away to reveal the hangar inside.

Katooni opened her eyes, and the hangar had opened.

"Nice work," Ahsoka said.

"Like you even needed our help," Lux replied.

The three walked into the hangar. There were several ships inside, mainly ships stolen from the Hutt cartels, rather than the normal saucer-shaped ships they had seen before.

"There," Katooni said, pointing to a rather large yacht. "That looks good. It looks like we can use that for a lot of things back at the camp."

"Good thinking," Ahsoka said, "If we dock it up with the Crucible we might be able to turn it into a rudimentary temple."

"Hey," Lux said, pointing to some crates. "There's a pile of crates there. I know R7 already brought back a lot of stuff, not to mention there's probably some stuff on that yacht. But could it really hurt to just load those on?"

"There's a lot less crates here than in the base," Ahsoka replied. "Depends on if we need what's inside, but sure, we could always use more supplies."

"Great," Katooni said, "more crate-pushing."

"Relax," Ahsoka said, "there's oonly, like seven crates. We loaded three times as much onto the ship R& took back to the camp."

Lux was one step ahead of everyone, and opened a crate.

"Fuel cells," he said. "we need some of these."

"Great," Ahsoka said, "Let's load these on."

Ahsoka, Lux, and Katooni all grabbed crates, although Katooni realized the crate she was carrying was empty, so she got another one. After those crates were loaded, They pushed the remaining three, but Lux realized his was empty so he helped Katooni push hers instead.

"Thanks," Katooni said as they boarded the Yacht.

"Anytime," Lux replied.

The three of them looked to the inside of the ship, and saw there were hallways leading to both the left and right, too, both of which looked to curve to the back.

"Geez," Lux said, "this thing really is going to make a good rudimentary temple."

"Follow me," Ahsoka said, as she walked up a set of stairs.

The two did so, walking up the stairs and onto the second floor. There, there was a large, central room, which looked ideal for parties the pirates would throw. Katooni thought this could probably serve as the meeting room.

"Cockpit's this way," she said, leading them through the room.

They reached the cockpit and pushed some buttons to turn on the Yacht.

"We have fuel," she said, "good."

She pulled a lever, and the ship started to hover. Slowly, the ship slid out of the hangar. Ahsoka had to do some tight maneuvering to get it out of the canyon, but she managed to clear it.

She hit a button on the control panel that closed the door to the hangar.

"Just wait until they see us pull up in this thing," Lux said.

The ship lifted out of Florrum's atmosphere. Thankfully, there were no Star Destroyers in orbit.

"Calculating Route to the camp," Ahsoka said.

She then grunted something about the navicomputer not wanting to take the ship into the Unknown Regions.

"Okay," she said, pushing a few buttons. "I have to override the navicomputer. Hold on, Jumping to hyperspace in three, two, one..."

Florrum shot away into the distance as the stars blurred past them.

A/N: Sorry for the lack of updates this weekend. Too busy playing Squadrons. It's really fun so far, I really recommend you get it.