Chapter 11: An Elegant Weapon

AHSOKA TANO-BONTERI

The Ice Wall had almost frozen when Lux came through.

He had to duck a little to get underneath the wall of ice that was ever so slowly descending on him.

Ahsoka opened her eyes and ended her meditation, standing up.

Lux immediately ran at her and gave her a big hug.

"AHSOKA!!" He said, "I... I thought I lost you!"

"Let me guess," Ahsoka said, "something in there killed me?"

"Someone," Lux said, "It was that inquisitor we saw on Onderon. That was First Sister, right?"

"You saw Barriss?" Ahsoka asked.

"Yeah, and she didn't just kill you. She killed all my friends back on Onderon, but then I knew something was wrong, so I let her try to kill me, and then next thing I know I was standing in front of... this."

Lux held his Kyber Crystal out in the palm of his hand.

Ahsoka picked it up. examined it, and gave it back to Lux.

"Well done, Lux," Ahsoka said, "You've taken a very important step towards becoming a Jedi Knight."

"All thanks to you," Lux said.

Ahsoka smiled and rolled her eyes as Lux pulled her in for a kiss.

LUX BONTERI

Lux sat as the ship thumped on landing back at the Jedi Camp.

As always, Ahsoka's arrival was met with a swarm of Younglings asking things.

"Master Tano!"

"Master Tano?"

"How was the assignment?"

"Did Lux make it?"

Lux rolled his eyes.

"I'm right here," he said.

"Now," Ahsoka said, "It's time for Lux to make his lightsaber, but I'll be back in time for training."

"Okay Master Tano," a few of the Younglings said.

Ahsoka rolled her eyes and smiled. Lux smiled too.

The two walked across the grass and to the Crucible.

"Hey," Lux said, "Wasn't that ship we just took the Crucible's escape ship? Shouldn't we have docked it up?"

"Yes," Ahsoka said, "But I just wanted to say hi to the Younglings first and... well, make sure they know you're not dead."

"Ah, I see."

The two walked up the ramp leading to the Crucible, and then down a hallway which lead to a room that Huyang was in.

"Ah," said the droid professor, "it seems you've survived your expidition to Ilum!"

"All thanks to her," Lux said, pointing back at Ahsoka, who rolled her eyes.

"Well, Lux," she said, "it's time to make your lightsaber."

"Now," Huyang said, "sit down here. I want you to close your eyes, and visualize your lightsaber."

"Well," he said, "I'd like it to-"

"No," Huyang said, "you must not look at what you want it to be, but what it will be. Clear your head of any images you have of what you want your Saber to look like, and you will see it clearly."

Lux took a deep breath.

"Now," Huyand said, "Do you see it?"

He could see it. It was clear as day, yet somehow also not really there.

"Yes," he said.

"Good," Huyang said. "What's it made out of?"

"I see... Iron, with some gold outlining on it..."

"Good," Huyang said. "Let me get you the parts."

Lux opened his eyes, and saw Huyang shuffle through multiple drawers and pick through various items before depositing them in front of Lux.

"There you go," he said. "Now, I need you to close your eyes, and visualize it gain. Use tho force, and it will come together."

So Lux did as he said, and extended his hand.

He reached out through the Force and the pieces lifted off the ground, along with his Kyber Crystal.

The pieces begun to assemble themselves, with various bits of machinery and metal clicking together.

Eventually, a fully-fledged lightsaber came together, which dropped gently in front of Lux.

He picked it up.

"That looks good," Huyang said, inspecting the saber. "nothing seems out-of-place or backwards... now, let's see you turn it on, shall we?"

"I agree," Ahsoka said, "I want to see what color it is."

"Okay," Lux said, "here goes nothing..."

He turned on the Saber, and it shined a brilliant sky blue.

"Would you look at that," Huyang said, "a unique saber, that's for certain!"

Lux was smiling, and practiced a few moves with the saber.

"Careful," Ahsoka joked, "don't get yourself chopped. We don't have many artificial limbs to go around right now."

"Hey," he said, "This isn't the first time I've wielded a lightsaber! Oh, and speaking of that..."

Lux pulled the training lightsaber out of his pocket and threw it to Ahsoka.

"I think it's served it's purpose," Lux said.

"Congradulations, Lux," she said, "You've finished the trials of making your lightsaber."

"You never doubted me, did you?" Lux said, turning of his lightsaber.

"Maybe a part of me doubted you," Ahsoka said, "but the important thing is that you have your saber now. That weapon is your life. Don't ever lose it."

"Don't worry," he said, "I won't."

"I said that and I've lost mine a few times," she continued, "but... well, I have faith in you."

"Thanks," Lux said. "I couldn't have done any of this without you, 'Soka."